Beacon Editorial

Read the comment from Lincoln Park Sam. What a jackass! Someone had a nice comment back to him though. :chair:
It's the same dork that's been on here before with the same refrain...very threatened by LP, very much afraid of Tosu having to compete and share some of the state budget with the other state universities. He doesn't really care about what's best for Ohioans...only what's best for The Central Ohio Regional University to the detriment of all the others.

I have a question........When you read about the schools standing in US News and other periodicals, we are always rated in the lowest tier and portrayed as non-competitive academically. Why is that? Can it be influenced? Seems to me there have been significant improvements to UoA that would improve our standing.

I have a question........When you read about the schools standing in US News and other periodicals, we are always rated in the lowest tier and portrayed as non-competitive academically. Why is that? Can it be influenced? Seems to me there have been significant improvements to UoA that would improve our standing.
These rankings usually consider issues like admission standards and alumni giving. The University of Akron is an open enrollment school and will not be able to move up from Tier 4 on the US News and World Reports list. Their standards do not look at the academic programs but generic formulas regarding areas that an open enrollment school will struggle to compete with schools selective admission standards.

These rankings usually consider issues like admission standards and alumni giving. The University of Akron is an open enrollment school and will not be able to move up from Tier 4 on the US News and World Reports list. Their standards do not look at the academic programs but generic formulas regarding areas that an open enrollment school will struggle to compete with schools selective admission standards.
Thanks. What other open enrollment schools are in Ohio, midwest?