Is it time yet?

zip37

The only reason I don't see JD going anywhere is because of his contract. Regardless of how manageable some people on this board seem to think the contract is they aren't going to pay a person that much not to coach football at Akron. As far as expectations go -- I'm always the one leading the expectations bandwagon on this board so I'm not sure why anyone is calling me out. I'm merely pointing out Cap'n was the only person I saw who thought this team was going to win the MAC East and why I asked him to put it on the front page. I thought from the beginning this was a rebuilding year and I'm afraid early success against Can't and the miracle win against WMU raised expectations. That being said I'm not too thrilled by Moorehead's play calling and have said since game one the look/look offense has got to go. The defense is pathetic and the 3-3-5 (as has been discussed to death here) is atrocious. The excuse that there aren't enough good big d-lineman is exactly that an excuse -- if it was the truth plenty of people would be running the same sorry excuse for a defense.When does basketball season start?

I think it is time JD and the rest of the staff start getting true football players. I know that sounds stupid but here is what I mean. Jay Rohr was a great true football player. Yes he was under sized and not the fastest guy on the field but he was damn good. He took the best angle to the ball almost everytime. Plus he was a huge emotional leader on the field. Also Bobby Hendry was a stud who nobody else wanted. Take away his back problems and this kid would have rewrote the record books. Let's stay away from the kids who are border line because of grades. Also let's stay away from the track kids who just play football. These kids are fast and look good running the forty but can they paly football. I don't care how fast you are if you take the wrong angle or can't make a tackle you will look like a fool on the field. I would take a hard look at some of the border line kids in the area.

and I don't care what the hell rivals and scout.com say JD's recruiting as been AWFUL.
I'm serious when I ask this. I really find the whole recruiting thing borring so I really don't follow it....What makes those web pages experts? There are hundreds of potential players out there. How do they know who is good or not? How does a player get on their page? Who decides who is good or not? What do the different "star" levels mean?
Could someone please take a quick shot at answering this? I really would like to know.

and I don't care what the hell rivals and scout.com say JD's recruiting as been AWFUL.
I'm serious when I ask this. I really find the whole recruiting thing borring so I really don't follow it....What makes those web pages experts? There are hundreds of potential players out there. How do they know who is good or not? How does a player get on their page? Who decides who is good or not? What do the different "star" levels mean?
Could someone please take a quick shot at answering this? I really would like to know.
A recruit with more stars is supposedly better. Those web pages are not experts, they just collect data, and rate recruits that have offers from schools with huge fanbases with more stars so their web traffic goes up. Most players get on the sites by contacting them, or by having a news story written about them. More stories/offers, means a better rating. Their thought process is that if they have a bunch of offers from big-name schools, they must be better than other recruits. If that recruit verbals to a non-BCS school, though, they drop in the rankings regardless of how good they are because in the eyes of the recruiting service if you choose to go to that school, you obviously aren't as good as they thought you were (and their pageviews suffer from the smaller fanbases accessing the site).