Akron/BGSU in-game thread

GoZips88

CJ7 starting in place of suspended CJ11 (unspecified team rules). CJ11 will only play if CJ7 gets injured. Kicker Domonkos also suspended (class attendance/grades) for the rest of the season.BG's leading rusher, Geter, is out as is their #2 receiver.Sure would like to get the win tonight.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I've been on the fence for a while, but who here thinks that JD is REALLY the guy we want to lead this team into the new stadium? I, for one, want him fired after this season. This performance is pathetic.
It almost seems like the team has quit on him. This team is getting worse as the season goes on. it should be getting better.

OK, I've been on the fence for a while, but who here thinks that JD is REALLY the guy we want to lead this team into the new stadium? I, for one, want him fired after this season. This performance is pathetic.
It almost seems like the team has quit on him. This team is getting worse as the season goes on. it should be getting better.
I agree Buckzip, and it started last week. The thing is, how can we expect this same team, minus the Seniors, to jump back on board next year?

What I have a hard time understanding is the use of the 3-3-5 or as it was known years ago the Nickel defense. Isn't the nickel defense supposed to be used to stop the pass? I can tolerate a defense like the3-3-5 if it does the one thing it is designed to, but when it can't do that either -- what is the point? As for CJ7 -- this guy needs to run the option not the pass offense. I'm starting to think CJ11 was the QB because he was a quarterback not a running back taking snaps.

What you're seeing is Moorhead's offensive play calling not adjusting to the personnell on the field. I don't see the option offense, I see an offense that is suited better for CJ11. They don't even adjust the playcalling BEFORE the game begins!Also, the Defense has given up. They quit. They were the heart of the team with so many seniors, and they quit. What is with all the penalties called on them?