How can anyone be so clueless?

My family was at Great Northern Mall this weekend and went into some hole in the wall sports store. I had my Zips gear on and the idiot behind the counter asked me who they were. In fact he asked me if they were some "soccer club". I kind of laughed and said "you must not be from around here" and he replied that he lived here all his life! I had to explain to him who the University of Akron! I expect that when I am in NC for vacation, but in NE Ohio?? He then went into a stereotypical crappy Irish accent to say he was a ND fan (nuff said). Funny thing was there was another couple that came in as this was going on, as they were checking to see if they had any Zips gear. We all just laughed at him as we left. Sports related or not, how can you live in this area all your life and never hear of UA?

My family was at Great Northern Mall this weekend and went into some hole in the wall sports store. I had my Zips gear on and the idiot behind the counter asked me who they were. In fact he asked me if they were some "soccer club". I kind of laughed and said "you must not be from around here" and he replied that he lived here all his life! I had to explain to him who the University of Akron! I expect that when I am in NC for vacation, but in NE Ohio?? He then went into a stereotypical crappy Irish accent to say he was a ND fan (nuff said). Funny thing was there was another couple that came in as this was going on, as they were checking to see if they had any Zips gear. We all just laughed at him as we left. Sports related or not, how can you live in this area all your life and never hear of UA?
Well, it's often hard to see what is going on around you when your head is stuffed fully up your arse. Which is typical of most sports fans in the area. They only pay attention to what is spoon fed to them (ala OSU is great)The punchline to the whole story would have been if you asked the joker "where did you go to college?"