Stadium construction site pics

joshgozips

I saw a request for photos of the InfoCision Stadium site as fencing has gone up around part of the construction area. I was on campus on Sunday afternoon for the womens' basketball match-up with Marist and stopped by the site a few minutes before the game. Here is what I can tell you:The fencing borders the Stiles Fieldhouse on the north, Nash Street on the south, Union Street on the west and Spicer on the east.There are four residence halls enclosed by the fencing: Wallaby, Brown, Joey and Wallaroo. There are portions of the fencing where it is open so that vehicles can move in and out.Within the fencing, there are 5-6 18-wheeler trailers stationed.The tanning spa on Exchange is closed and boarded up, along with several residences on Nash.Here are several of the pics that I took. Please let me know if you'd like to see any more of them.post-440-1199053178_thumb.jpgpost-440-1199053206_thumb.jpgpost-440-1199053228_thumb.jpg

I don't get why they board up the houses. I wonder if there are ppl who will strip those houses. I've never been in them but since they're old you'd think that there would be things of value in them: old claw foot tubs, wood balastrades (sorry, I don't know how to spell that), copper piping, plumbing and lighting fixtures, cornices, etc. I hate seeing old materials just ripped apart and sent to the land fill. But of course, if that would slow down progress on the stadium-----bulldoze them!!!!!

Anyone hear what will become of the brick pavers on Nash St???? It would be great if they could be saved and somehow made a part of the stadium project.
There is a brick program on the stadium page.
If they get everything named, they stand to make $15,070,000 just on naming rights, not including the stadium itself, and the field. This thing could be completely paid for through corporate whoring. Amazing.

Do you know if the bricks will be from the street?The reason I ask is that bricks made today are nowhere near as durable as they once were. The ones in the street are nearly indestructible.Just check out North Coast Harbor in Cleveland and the names have already worn off despite being set in the 1990's.

Uakronkid-- If "corporate whoring" means fewer tax dollars put into it, what's wrong with that?
There will be ZERO tax dollars put into it whatsoever. What ever isn't being paid by name sponsors or donations will be paid with bonds. I'd rather have a clean stadium that is financed using bonds than one covered with every brand-name imaginable with a sponsor for every drinking fountain and doorknob.

Uakronkid-- If "corporate whoring" means fewer tax dollars put into it, what's wrong with that?
There will be ZERO tax dollars put into it whatsoever. What ever isn't being paid by name sponsors or donations will be paid with bonds. I'd rather have a clean stadium that is financed using bonds than one covered with every brand-name imaginable with a sponsor for every drinking fountain and doorknob.
I'm wit'choo Kid!This post presented by Jamba Juice. Check out Jambajuice.com for the location nearest you.

Ha ha, I'm not too old!!!! UA class of 95. Though I do suffer hip and joint pain from time to time.Seriously, the bricks made today are nowhere near as durable as old ones. That's why the old ones are worthlots of money. Fairport Harbor, a town in financial ruin, actually tore up all their historic brick streets andsold them off to the highest bidder- a town with more money.And if you saw the brick pavers at North Coast Harbor, or even some at jacobs field, you may think twice before spending money on them. Some you can hardly read.