AK ROWDIES!!

plowerman78

As a rowdie ill have to admit attendance hasnt been the greatest this year but in the big games Miami and especially tonight agianst Ohio, we have showed up. Bubba was ratteled all night and a big reason was because of the rowdies, screaming at us because he finally made a shot yeah real cool, just shows how much of an influence we had in his head. Also one more thing way to go willie to get on the mic with 3 minutes left to get the crowd in it. 19 in a row and get ready for both saturday and sunday!

Also one more thing way to go willie to get on the mic with 3 minutes left to get the crowd in it.
I agree, having someone get on the mic and charge up the crowd was a great idea. The Rowdies finally showed up and spared us from having to fill an entire student section with high schoolers. We've had two pretty good draws in a row now, let's hope the games everyone saw keep them coming back for more.

Rowdies...great job last night.Here's my question. How many seats are there in those two sections? Maybe 300? Is it that hard to get 300 students to each and every game?Question #2...Someone sitting next to me in the reserved section said that they say Bubba yell something at you guys after he hit one of his shots (a rare occurence once again). So..what exactly did he say??

The answer to number 2 is that he was just screaming ahhhhh at us like the idiot that he is...he would also scream at us when he was on the bench. His parents thought he won the superbowl when he actually scored, and they started yelling at us, so i guess it was the great accomplishment in his life to actually score in the JAR. But in the end bubba tried to be the hero, and was left lying on the floor crying while we were chanting bubba sucks!

As a rowdie ill have to admit attendance hasnt been the greatest this year but in the big games Miami and especially tonight agianst Ohio, we have showed up. Bubba was ratteled all night and a big reason was because of the rowdies, screaming at us because he finally made a shot yeah real cool, just shows how much of an influence we had in his head. Also one more thing way to go willie to get on the mic with 3 minutes left to get the crowd in it. 19 in a row and get ready for both saturday and sunday!
I was watching on TV, and heard that guy get on the PA and start pumpin up the crowd. Who WAS he? I thought the background music was great in terms of timing/selection. You could really feel that this was an event -- unlike it ever used to be at the JAR. You guys made this old Zipper proud to have been part from 5000 mi away.As far as Bubba's finish, you might not have noticed just what happened on his shot. When he threw up that final shot, he got tangled with the defender (Nees, Nate??), and hit the back of his head on the floor -- hard. He sat up and started rubbiing his head. After he stood up, he may have still been hurting, even woozy.In any case, I hope he hits about 10 threes on Saturday vs that school we love like no other -- game is on ESPN Classic nationally.

Great game support by the AK-Howdies. One more out burst like the performance against OU and I will retire the AK-Howdie label for the foreseeable future.Several posters including OU people lauded the Rowdies as having a direct and positive impact on the game. That is what home court is all about. The AK-Rowdies are needed both home and away. Be at all the games especially Cant, OU and Miami.I hope that Will, who ever he is, continues to grab the mic and go on the floor to rile up the fans. That was the BEST out pouring of Zips fan support EVER. Even with the noise canceling microphones the fans could be heard on ESPNu those last three minutes. Odd that a few big name schools get their fan noise heard bythe TV audience while the vast majority of fans never get heard on TV.I am proud to be a Zip.

I was watching on TV, and heard that guy get on the PA and start pumpin up the crowd. Who WAS he?
That was Willy. He is nothing short if legendary and has been that way for the Rowdies for the past 2-3 years.
Is he the guy who dressed up like the blind ref? That was classic.
That was him! Cracks me up every time he dons the ref shirt, glasses, and cane.

post-302-1200764055_thumb.jpg