Zips take a hit in the polls

Bleacher Bum

I know it's kind of a moot point since no MAC team is gonna get an NCAA bid without winning the MAC Tournament, but last week the Zips got 2 votes in the AP poll and were #5 in the Mid-Major Top 25. After two disappointing losses, they now have no votes in the AP or USA Today polls and they fell to #10 in the Mid-Major poll. Can't got three votes in the USA Today poll this week and is ranked #5 in the Mid-Major. OU is #21 in the Mid-Major poll with no other MAC school even getting votes.

Yep, I am not too dissappointed considering we dropped 2 in a row, and one of them was to an inferior opponent. What really surprises me is that MAC play is so favorable to the home team, considering the meager amount of fan support. But then again, there are other factors, such as the familiarity with the court, the backdrops, etc. Bleacher Bum...Unfortunately, Can't State appears to be making a strong case for an at-large bid with their #36 RPI. And as much as I hate to say this because it's Can't, considering their success this decade, I think it's time for us to consider following their formula.