Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cam #2that red car is screwed. :lol: if you don't see it today (11/25) don't worry it will probably still be there tomorrow
Oh man. That thing's gonna be under three feet of mud by sundown.
and probably a half foot of snow by the end of the week

Ummmm....winter has not treated us very kindly so far. Heck, it isn't even winter yet! Are they really going to finish this thing? You can't really pour any concrete in this. Progress looks good so far but there seems like a considerable amount of exterior work to do.
I know, right?Most years we haven't had our first snowfall-that-sticks until x-mas time or later.But I have seen concrete poured in 30degree temp ranges before. They can get mixes that are made to set in lower temps, and then they cover the wall or slab and run kerosene heaters underneath.

Poor quality pic but most recent aerial availableLooking at the cam, a crane has appeared on the east side of the site and it looks like some steel columns are being erected.Does anyone know what that section behind the east stands, from about the 35-yard-line to the end zone, is? It looks like it's covered with aluminum or something.

Looking at the cam, a crane has appeared on the east side of the site and it looks like some steel columns are being erected.Does anyone know what that section behind the east stands, from about the 35-yard-line to the end zone, is? It looks like it's covered with aluminum or something.
That would be steel flooring. The entire area under that part of the sections is where the visiting team goes for their team rooms and such. Im sure there are other rooms in there for things like field maintenance and such.

Ummmm....winter has not treated us very kindly so far. Heck, it isn't even winter yet! Are they really going to finish this thing? You can't really pour any concrete in this. Progress looks good so far but there seems like a considerable amount of exterior work to do.
I know, right?Most years we haven't had our first snowfall-that-sticks until x-mas time or later.But I have seen concrete poured in 30degree temp ranges before. They can get mixes that are made to set in lower temps, and then they cover the wall or slab and run kerosene heaters underneath.
They can pour in this kind of weather so long as the air temperature is above the 20's. They add chemicals to the mix to help it set up faster before temperatures fall at night. Please keep in mind they were over 50% done by 10/21 on the topping off event. The upper deck are preformed sections built elsewhere and will be lowered into place once the under sections are ready and done with any crane work. That will go up very quickly. There still 290 plus days to go and that's plenty of time to finish what they have to finish bad weather or not.

Please keep in mind they were over 50% done by 10/21 on the topping off event. The upper deck are preformed sections built elsewhere and will be lowered into place once the under sections are ready and done with any crane work. That will go up very quickly.
Looks like what is going up on the east side is the steel that will support the pre-formed upper sections of stands.

Please keep in mind they were over 50% done by 10/21 on the topping off event. The upper deck are preformed sections built elsewhere and will be lowered into place once the under sections are ready and done with any crane work. That will go up very quickly.
Looks like what is going up on the east side is the steel that will support the pre-formed upper sections of stands.
That is right. Awesome to see some progress in the cameras. I know they are working hard on wiring, plumbing, drainage and the lot, but when you only means of seeing improvement is a bigger structure it's nice to know they are still pushing hard to get this done.

That is right. Awesome to see some progress in the cameras. I know they are working hard on wiring, plumbing, drainage and the lot, but when you only means of seeing improvement is a bigger structure it's nice to know they are still pushing hard to get this done.
Correct.All the things you named are not things we can see via the CAMS. But, are important to overall project. As you see more lighting in the press tower floors, are telling of the daily progress they're making.Seeing the steel support start to go up today on the East side is indication of the major progress they're making despite some lousy weather and conditions to work in.

Correct.All the things you named are not things we can see via the CAMS. But, are important to overall project. As you see more lighting in the press tower floors, are telling of the daily progress they're making.Seeing the steel support start to go up today on the East side is indication of the major progress they're making despite some lousy weather and conditions to work in.
plimbing, drainage, blah blah blah.didn't anyone else notice that they got the red car out? surprised the hell out of me.

can anyone else make out what it is exactly they are doing in the north endzone building? the last couple days they look like they've been building something.....Anyways... makes me real excited to see the structural steel going up for the seats on the east side. However I am still wondering why no progress has been made on the southern part of the east bleachers... I know that the area under that section is going to be for the visiting team, so I wonder what's going on there...

on my way home today I was able to see the steel structure being put into place during the daylight and I'm pleased to say this is the first Zips Blue structure to be erected! You can kind of tell in the cams but in real life the blue really stands out! Boy, just gets me real excited for next fall!!! :D

on my way home today I was able to see the steel structure being put into place during the daylight and I'm pleased to say this is the first Zips Blue structure to be erected! You can kind of tell in the cams but in real life the blue really stands out! Boy, just gets me real excited for next fall!!! :D
So wait, the exposed steel is going to be Zips blue in color? That's pretty nifty.

quote]Looks like the first piece of some sort of facing has gone up on the tower structure.Better view today -- looks like the pre-formed concrete pieces that for the base for the upper rows of stands. I wonder how they are held in place or adhered together.Just saw a semi back in with what looked like another load of these pieces.

So wait, the exposed steel is going to be Zips blue in color? That's pretty nifty.
yep, I didn't know it would be either but from exchange you can definitely see the color.

First, You can finally see the the highest portion of steal going up for the eastern stands. As best as I can tell it will be a full 4 stories above street level. Second, does anyone know the real lighting structures that will be used on this side of the stadium? I've seen post lighting in the renderings but I could have sworn that I had seen arched ligthing. It would be one single structure that ran from the north to the south. similar to Canal Park.akron2.jpg

The whole lighting design has been something I have wondered about as well... I have seen renderings where there will be 5 banks of lights on the east side to renderings where the entire stadium would be lit up but 4 giant poles with lights on them. Honestly, I think it would look best if there were lights all along the top of the press tower (like they have at Browns Stadium) and then 5 poles on the east side.The confusion I am getting is from the renderings officially on the website and the 3d virtual tour....