Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In cams 2 & 3 I believe you can see a cement-filled trench that looks like it should be the eastern sideline of the playing field?
I believe this is a sewer trench they ran to the north endzone facility. I could be wrong, but considering they are doing sewer work on Spicer, it's a logical guess. I also believe that is gravel and not cement seeing how it appears something has already driven over the top of it.
That's trench line for the sidelines.That wouldn't run a sewer line for the enzone facility directly under field and surely not that close to surface. I believe that is the sideline trench for field drainage.
Phew! I thought they had poured footers for field-level light posts!!! :blink: :wall:
Not a chance.They're installed the supports for lights atop the press tower and according to design there will be light towers in the endzone corners atop the hills and light towers behind the east side stands.The Rubber Bowl was the only Div 1A or FBS stadium with field light poles. ESPN always made habit of pointing that out on games they did there.They couldn't move the lights behind the stands due to the airport. They had to lower the middle light poles due to the airportThey won't make that mistake with the Info.
Actually, because of some of the cost over runs, several things from the RB will be used at ICS. The light poles are one thing. In addition to this, the FAA mandated that they remove the light poles at the RB so it made perfect sense to use them at ICS. It knocked about $120,000 off the price of the stadium. Some of the additional cost saving measures are that they are going to be bringing the concession equipment, Press Box furniture, bathroom troughs, and bleachers from the RB to ICS.
There are no cost overruns at ICS and they're not bringing any of that crap over from the Rubber Bowl. The FAA made them lower the middle light poles over 30 years ago from their original height. The rusting light poles are still there to be sold as scrap when they tear the place down. There no pressbox furniture to more. The counters are built into the RB pressboxYou don't spend over 60 mil on new place and use crappy bleachers from the RB.The bathroom troughs are circa 1940 and not worth moving.

There are no cost overruns at ICS and they're not bringing any of that crap over from the Rubber Bowl. The FAA made them lower the middle light poles over 30 years ago from their original height. The rusting light poles are still there to be sold as scrap when they tear the place down.
I believe those earlier remarks were made in jest. However, is there anything new to report on what UA plans to do with the Rubber Bowl?

There are no cost overruns at ICS and they're not bringing any of that crap over from the Rubber Bowl. The FAA made them lower the middle light poles over 30 years ago from their original height. The rusting light poles are still there to be sold as scrap when they tear the place down.
I believe those earlier remarks were made in jest. However, is there anything new to report on what UA plans to do with the Rubber Bowl?
Oh, thought they were really bringing in the light poles from the RB. You know, to bring back some nostalgia.

I took a couple of junior highers and a couple of senior highers from my church to the Zips - OU game last night. We arrived downtown around 5:30 to get a little something to eat before the game. I took them by the Info to show the place off (2 of the guys actually knew about it and wanted to see it of their own volition). All 6 of the fellas stood in awe of the Info. All 6 are now getting amped about the upcoming Zips football season and are drooling at the opportunity of watching games there! Mission accomplished UA!!!And I also must say, it had been about a month since I had walked around the construction site in person and it is immensely impressive! Naturally, the webcams don't do her justice. The Info is a sight to behold as-is and she doesn't have her "skin" on yet. She is honestly going to be a beautiful landmark! Home run!

Oh, thought they were really bringing in the light poles from the RB. You know, to bring back some nostalgia.
When blogging on fan sites it's had to tell sometimes when someone is jesting or not. There's nothing of value to bring in from the RB. The goalposts are even rusting.The plans are to demo the RB once the Info is done. The RB is an emergency back-up right now God forbid something delayed the Info being completed in time. But. per Curtis office via the ABJ beat writer I converse with. The Info is ahead of schedule despite the bad weather and fans will really see them pick up the pace in the coming months as we near Summer.

When blogging on fan sites it's had to tell sometimes when someone is jesting or not. There's nothing of value to bring in from the RB. The goalposts are even rusting.The plans are to demo the RB once the Info is done. The RB is an emergency back-up right now God forbid something delayed the Info being completed in time. But. per Curtis office via the ABJ beat writer I converse with. The Info is ahead of schedule despite the bad weather and fans will really see them pick up the pace in the coming months as we near Summer.
Really?! I did that good a job of BSing?! I mean, have to admit the light poles were pretty convincing, but the troughs from the bathrooms were a dead giveaway. I mean, if they tried to get those things out they would bring the entire concrete wall with them! Seriously though, I heard that to save money they are going to take the old scoreboard from the RB and incorporate the display from "The Spirit of Akron" for the new scoreboard at ICS! ;):wave::D

Really?! I did that good a job of BSing?! I mean, have to admit the light poles were pretty convincing, but the troughs from the bathrooms were a dead giveaway. I mean, if they tried to get those things out they would bring the entire concrete wall with them! Seriously though, I heard that to save money they are going to take the old scoreboard from the RB and incorporate the display from "The Spirit of Akron" for the new scoreboard at ICS! ;):wave::D
Seriously though every thing that's at the RB will be either be hauled away for scrap or imploded when it's demo'd. :wave:

So once the RB is demo'ed... is the void in the hill going to get filled in or just left to be?
http://www.collegegridirons.com/mac/RubberBowl.htmThe Zips will play their first game at their new stadium on September 19, 2009. The Rubber Bowl will be demolished. The last two sentences on the site above. Many sites on college football stadiums are saying this and the ABJ coverage of the last game last season said the same thing. There no reference as to what's going to happen to the area once the RB is demolished.

Either way, all of this talk of demoing the RB is just sad. The history...THE HISTORY!!
I agree. the Rubber Bowl could become like a greek ruin. people well stop by and see how we used to do it back in the day. "get in the jet car elroy we're goin to the Rubber Bowl"

I was just wondering if the stadium will ever be used for non-football events, like concerts. I never really heard anything about it but I know some MLS stadiums have drawn big acts and they hold less people. Does anyone know if there are rumors of concerts coming to the info? if not I think it should be strongly considered, especially during the spring. Weekends can get a little slow around campus and that would really help...

I was just wondering if the stadium will ever be used for non-football events, like concerts. I never really heard anything about it but I know some MLS stadiums have drawn big acts and they hold less people. Does anyone know if there are rumors of concerts coming to the info? if not I think it should be strongly considered, especially during the spring. Weekends can get a little slow around campus and that would really help...
They have referred to it as a multi-purpose venue. I have not heard of any sured up concerts, but I do know they have major plans for using it for that purpose. (another reason the endzone facility was such a big deal and the reason they made the ramp deep enough for semi-trailers)

FYI Zipsnation... just received a campus email that says they'll be building a new 426 space parking deck over the parking lot just west of the exchange st deck (by Shrank and McDonalds).
The cheers could be heard from miles around.
Thank god! I live in the Townhouses and parking here in the South Quad is ridiculous.