Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't have Thursday night HS games at the Info. Our moron of an ex-conference commissioner thinks that is when you are supposed to play college games.
I'm sorry. But, that not a true statement.As with the Rubber Bowl the Info will be available for use for HS games so long as UofA isn't playing a home game.Please feel free to email the AD office and they'll confirm that very information.
Easy there cowboy. Just making a sarcastic remark about the idioticy of the MAC's scheduling structure and the fact that it may interfere with potential revenue generating endeavors such as renting out the stadium for big weeknight high school games. Sorry if I touched a cord.

We can't have Thursday night HS games at the Info. Our moron of an ex-conference commissioner thinks that is when you are supposed to play college games.
I'm sorry. But, that not a true statement.As with the Rubber Bowl the Info will be available for use for HS games so long as UofA isn't playing a home game.Please feel free to email the AD office and they'll confirm that very information.
Easy there cowboy. Just making a sarcastic remark about the idioticy of the MAC's scheduling structure and the fact that it may interfere with potential revenue generating endeavors such as renting out the stadium for big weeknight high school games. Sorry if I touched a cord.
Sorry I didn't see the sarcasm.The cord is in the ABJ troll sites threads had a couple posters claiming APS HS will not be allowed to play at the Info for fear of violence they'll bring to UofA campus.You can't hardly get 1000 people to attend a APS HS football these days and it's sad seeing someone post crap like that.

You can't see it in the cams, but the old Pizza Now! place/carwash will be turning into a Skyway restaurant over the summer. This is the first sign of the stadium attracting new business to the area, and I can guarantee it won't be the last.
Hell yeah! Good to hear. That old building was an eyesore.
Forget Skyway, they need a Swensons on campus!!!
That may be the best idea I've seen on this board EVER. Swenson's is naturally an Akron icon and visitor's would get a taste of the tradition here.

anyone seen these pictures yet?Model of Stadium
no, but they are nice! I'd love to see that model in person tho...
I am just wondering if they are 100% accurate. It's missing one of the buildings from the computer renderings. Also the score board is as high as the east stands and is only blue steel. I thought it was going to be bricked over in some way. It makes it look like a billboard.

anyone seen these pictures yet?Model of Stadium
no, but they are nice! I'd love to see that model in person tho...
It looks like these pics were taken in the Student Union in the 3rd floor offices.
Those models are ourageously expensive. I while back I was looking at this model of a high end condo project that was being built and was told the cost of the model was over $30K.

It would be nice if they'd put the model in the foyer of the JAR on Thursday for people to gawk at. You'd think they'd try to expose the model to AMAP - As Many People As Possible. (Or does that just make way too much sense for our athletics marketing staff?)
Good idea. After that, it shoud rotate among other highly populated public venues in town, such as the library and the local malls, and when the weather gets nice, at Canal Park and other summer outdoor events. Have some student volunteers or work-study kids on hand to answer questions, and a large stack of season ticket brochures. I remember back in the early 1970s when the model of the Coliseum was on display at Summit Mall for a few days. Fans flocked to it.

In cams 2 & 3 I believe you can see a cement-filled trench that looks like it should be the eastern sideline of the playing field?
I believe this is a sewer trench they ran to the north endzone facility. I could be wrong, but considering they are doing sewer work on Spicer, it's a logical guess. I also believe that is gravel and not cement seeing how it appears something has already driven over the top of it.

In cams 2 & 3 I believe you can see a cement-filled trench that looks like it should be the eastern sideline of the playing field?
I believe this is a sewer trench they ran to the north endzone facility. I could be wrong, but considering they are doing sewer work on Spicer, it's a logical guess. I also believe that is gravel and not cement seeing how it appears something has already driven over the top of it.
That's trench line for the sidelines.That wouldn't run a sewer line for the enzone facility directly under field and surely not that close to surface. I believe that is the sideline trench for field drainage.

That's trench line for the sidelines.That wouldn't run a sewer line for the enzone facility directly under field and surely not that close to surface. I believe that is the sideline trench for field drainage.
thats true, didnt think of that. They would want to connect that to the sewer lines too...

Phew! I thought they had poured footers for field-level light posts!!! :blink: :wall:

Phew! I thought they had poured footers for field-level light posts!!! :blink: :wall:
Not a chance.They're installed the supports for lights atop the press tower and according to design there will be light towers in the endzone corners atop the hills and light towers behind the east side stands.The Rubber Bowl was the only Div 1A or FBS stadium with field light poles. ESPN always made habit of pointing that out on games they did there.They couldn't move the lights behind the stands due to the airport. They had to lower the middle light poles due to the airportThey won't make that mistake with the Info.

thats true, didnt think of that. They would want to connect that to the sewer lines too...
That's correct they'll connect to the sewer lines. But, they wouldn't have raw sewage line that close to the surface and surely not running right under the field.

Not a chance.They're installed the supports for lights atop the press tower and according to design there will be light towers in the endzone corners atop the hills and light towers behind the east side stands.The Rubber Bowl was the only Div 1A or FBS stadium with field light poles. ESPN always made habit of pointing that out on games they did there.They couldn't move the lights behind the stands due to the airport. They had to lower the middle light poles due to the airportThey won't make that mistake with the Info.
Actually, because of some of the cost over runs, several things from the RB will be used at ICS. The light poles are one thing. In addition to this, the FAA mandated that they remove the light poles at the RB so it made perfect sense to use them at ICS. It knocked about $120,000 off the price of the stadium. Some of the additional cost saving measures are that they are going to be bringing the concession equipment, Press Box furniture, bathroom troughs, and bleachers from the RB to ICS.