Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

Is there already a light at the Sumner entrance, or will they be adding another? Wouldn't it make sense to have the exit at Grant where there's already a light?
There's a light. :wave:They also added a new light at Carrol St & Wolf Ledges... just an FYI

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're out there working on Saturday. :D
Does anyone know if they are planning on adding more seats in the gap shown in between the upper section and the club/lodges...seems to be avery large gap still or this is a bad angle. It would see from the renderings that there should be more capacity on that second level than there is now. Seems like a big chunk left to do?Stadium1.jpg

Does anyone know if they are planning on adding more seats in the gap shown in between the upper section and the club/lodges...seems to be avery large gap still or this is a bad angle. It would see from the renderings that there should be more capacity on that second level than there is now. Seems like a big chunk left to do?Stadium1.jpg
I think they are leaving that for later so they can get still the crane in.

The stands will connect to the tower. However, they have to set up the external wall structure for the 4 lower stories before they start putting in the steal for the remainder of the upper deck. Otherwise it will be difficult (impossible) to move the fork lifters around down there carrying the external wall materials.

The stands will connect to the tower. However, they have to set up the external wall structure for the 4 lower stories before they start putting in the steal for the remainder of the upper deck. Otherwise it will be difficult (impossible) to move the fork lifters around down there carrying the external wall materials.
Nice...thanks for clearing that up!

Nice...thanks for clearing that up!
You can see the steel for that portion of the upper deck in the lower stands below.There work they have to due on the lower 4 floors before they can install that part of the upper deck.It's like the eastside where the upper deck can't be place over the visitors locker room until they finish the work below.

Excellent! Hopefully Tom Hagan's employer will grace us with another leaked aerial photograph of the stadium once the east grand stand is complete. This will really give us a complete idea of the scale of the stadium!
We're due for another aerial photograph. The last one I using as a screen saver has snow on the ground.

Drove by the stadium today and saw something very beautiful....Manny's and that Chop Stix place next door vacant, boarded up, and construction fencing enclosing the area... :D:D:D:D:D
Yeah, I wanted to comment on this. I was wondering when those buildings were going to be removed because after a stop at BW3's for lunch last week I realized that the view from the South end of the Exchange/Spicer intersection is incredible except for those two buildings!!!

Drove by the stadium today and saw something very beautiful....Manny's and that Chop Stix place next door vacant, boarded up, and construction fencing enclosing the area... :D:D:D:D:D
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: I hope one of our locals here get pictures when the wrecker hits those places. :gun::john::john:

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: I hope one of our locals here get pictures when the wrecker hits those places. :gun::john::john:
Anyone know when that will be? I'll be sure to snap some pictures if i know when.

Is it me or does it look like they are already putting the bleachers in on the west lower stands? I could be wrong, but it sure does look like it.
I watch them briefly Saturday during one of the March Madness halftime. They looked like bleachers to me. :D

I was over at the Union for lunch yesterday and I noticed they're putting some kind of white covering over the yellow insulation stuff on the backside of the tower. Anyone have a clue what that stuff is?
more than likely it's Tyvek (http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek/en_US/index.html). From the website: "One of the most popular applications of Tyvek® is in the construction industry. It is used to increase air and water resistance, and provides better protection against water and moisture intrusion."

Thats some great stuff!! I love the views that they showed from on top of the pressbox overlooking the field and the campus. Major PR for the University!One thing that intrigued me about the segment was this quote: "We will for the first time have authentic collegiate tailgating activities going on before and after the game," said Mack Rhoades, Athletic Director.That being said and considering the "rumors" of where tailgating will ACTUALLY be, I wonder if this is just a smoke screen to making it seem like it will or there are actual plans being made to open up tailgating to other areas around the stadium...I also liked the HUGELY outdated b-roll of game footage... :D