It's all down to three games now

w00t

Not that it needed to be said, but let's lick our wounds (both players and fans... we need a turnout at the Q to rival the one at the JAR tonight) and gear up for this weekend. Can't just took our worst shot and escaped by three on a last second three-pointer. It's most likely CMU, WMU, and Can't State that stand between us and The Dance. There is no doubt we have the talent to take it all, and I really hope the Zips get a big show of support from the UA faithful. :rock:

Not that it needed to be said, but let's lick our wounds (both players and fans... we need a turnout at the Q to rival the one at the JAR tonight) and gear up for this weekend. Can't just took our worst shot and escaped by three on a last second three-pointer. It's most likely CMU, WMU, and Can't State that stand between us and The Dance. There is no doubt we have the talent to take it all, and I really hope the Zips get a big show of support from the UA faithful. :rock:
Can you help me convince my boss to let me off work Thursday afternoon?

For those that can't go up Thursday, just checked and Fox Sports Ohio is showing all 4 games on Thursday, and both semi's on Friday night. ESPN2 will have the champ game Sat at 7 pm.Glad that I put in for that half day a month ago. Working until noon on Thursday, picking up the Mrs. McFly and heading north!

3 games, 3 nights, most likely against 3 teams that we are 0-4 against. Gonna be interesting.Now's the time for this team to regroup, man up and make the big run. No excuses from here on out. No more, well we'll get better as the season goes on. No more just wait for this team to get healthy and come around. Throw the excuses out the window and put it all on the line. Win and you move on, lose and you go home. It's as simple as that. Time to get the job done boys.

Just food for thought...Had we won this game handily I think many would have favored us to win the thing. Now, the zips are a guaranteed underdog in the tournament. Maybe this is what this team needs? If we are lucky enough to get to Can't again in the finals, it is always tough to beat a team three times even though we did it last year.

Just got the OK for a half-day from the boss, will yank one of my kids from school at 1PM ("appointment"), and will be heading to Cleveland for the first of HOPEFULLY three more games this week. As I said in another post - love the bracket. Let's Go ZIPS!

Just got the OK for a half-day from the boss, will yank one of my kids from school at 1PM ("appointment"), and will be heading to Cleveland for the first of HOPEFULLY three more games this week. As I said in another post - love the bracket. Let's Go ZIPS!
Why couldn't you be my dad when I was growing up? It is times like these that I love the fact that I get up at 1:30 in the morning to leave work by noon. God Bless the Day Game! (At least for me). I don't know what student turnout will be like for the first game.

Why couldn't you be my dad when I was growing up? It is times like these that I love the fact that I get up at 1:30 in the morning to leave work by noon. God Bless the Day Game! (At least for me). I don't know what student turnout will be like for the first game.
Yeah, bad time for the students. I hope a good many of them can work the game in.My daughter had an "appointment" a couple of years ago to go with dad to a day tourney game. Looks like it is my son's turn this year. Not a fan of the tourney but if the MAC is going to play on, I didn't live and die with our Zips all year long to miss out on extended play. Take care of business in the classroom and I'll make room once in a great while for an "appointment" during last-period-of-the-day language arts. My version of pay-to-play. :thumb: By the way, if I had been your dad, I would have made you cut your blue hair! Nah, not really. Glad to see you and LeBron got floor seats yesterday!

By the way, if I had been your dad, I would have made you cut your blue hair! Nah, not really. Glad to see you and LeBron got floor seats yesterday!
Actually, the blue hair is beginning to fall out. I bought that wig the season the Zips football team won the MAC and it's been through some tough times. I think in a couple years, it'll be the Bleacher Bum Hulk Hogan Horseshoe. Ah well, at least I've been an AK-Oldie for a year so it makes sense if I start losing some blue hair.

Where was LeBron sitting? I never saw him, and didn't know he was there until I watched the news last night.
He was down in the corner of Akron's lockerroom door.I remember growing up that my dad and I would go down to Columbus for the state high school tourney every for like 4 or 5 straight years. Not only saw some great games, but also some good road trip memories with my dad.

I don't know why this didn't dawn on me until now (someone mentioned earlier about the Zips having to face teams we are 0-4 against to win the tourny), but what are the odds that EVERY team we could POSSIBLY play in the tournament is a team that we have not defeated this year? Very strange for a #3 seed to be in this dilemma.

There are only four teams in the MAC we did not beat - and we can only play three of them since we only have three games, but we are lined up perfectly for the revenge tour. The first round we will get one of the teams that beat us (CMU/NIU). If WMU escapes their first round, we get another and if Can't Statecks makes the final with us, we get the last one. The odds are greatest that this is the path that will be followed, if anything happens to either WMU or Can't Statecks, we will face a team we already defeated. I'll agree, that is pretty odd for a number 3 seed.

I see my original logic has a slight error. If WMU is upset and we advance, then we could end up playing someone who we have already defeated. Still, this certainly defies the odds. And I agree, what SWEET revenge there is to be had if the Zips can somehow shoot it straight and consistently at the Q.

I strongly believe that you need to crawl before you walk and that it is safer to climb the ladder one step at a time. I was looking at our performance in the MAC tournament in the previous years and here is what we did:2004: Hipsher's last year, lost in the first round in an away game and didn't even go to the Q/Gund arena 2005: Dambrot's first year, beat EMU in the first round, went to the Q/Gund arena but got beat by WMU in the 1/4 final2006: 23-10 NIT season, bye in the first round, beat WMU in the 1/4 final, but loose to toledo in the 1/2 final2007: 26-7 season, bye in the first round, beat CMU in the 1/4 final, Can't State in the 1/2 final, but loose to Miami in the final.2008: we have been moving from playing first round, to playing 1/4 final, to playing 1/2 final, to playing the final, to ..... (i don't want to jinx us by saying it) but you all get the point.