Akron recruit Humpty Hutchins playing in State Semi's

Marty McFly

Thursday, March 13 at 2 pm, #2 Chillicothe will play #1 Poland Seminary in the Div 2 State Semifinals. Chillicothe is led by UA recruit Humpty Hutchins, who scored 27 points in their 71-49 Regional final win over Byesville Meadowbrook. The game (along with all of the 16 state semifinals and finals) will be shown live on Sportstime Ohio. So if you are not going the Q Thursday to watch Akron, you can check out that game, too.If they win, which will be a tall order b/c from what I hear, Poland is awesome, they would play Saturday at 10:45 am (again, live in STO).Good luck Humpty!!!!Which brings me to another questions, will the Rowdies come up with the dance next year for him, and call it....wait for it....The Humpty Dance????

Marty....I think everyone probably thinks about that song when we heard his nickname. My question is, did his nickname happen because of the song?I guess it would probably be unfair to the other players if they play that song for him, since you can't play a theme song for everyone, like they do when baseball players step to the plate. But, it would be pretty funny. Heck, this is all premature. We are recruiting quite a few guards, and we really don't have any idea yet if/how he is going to fit into the mix. However, this appears to be a very promising recruit for us. If I am hearing right, we have a 1st Team D-2, and a 2nd Team D-1 with Hitchins and Sullivan? That gives us some hope for where we might be again in a couple of years if both of them live up to their potential.

If I am hearing right, we have a 1st Team D-2, and a 2nd Team D-1 with Hitchins and Sullivan? That gives us some hope for where we might be again in a couple of years if both of them live up to their potential.
Yes, Hutchins was 1st team D-2, Sullivan 2nd D-1. Andrew Parrish from Dayton Northmont didnt even make special mention/honorable mention - Nothing. Anyone know what's up with him? Bad season? Injury? Overrated by Zips coaching staff? Those 3 are only Ohio recruits.

If multiple Rowdies can dress the part, that would be awesome:HumptyHump.jpgStart workin the lyrics now...All right!Stop whatcha doin''cause I'm about to ruinthe image and the style that ya used to.I look funnybut yo I'm makin' money seeso yo world I hope you're ready for me.Now gather roundI'm the new fool in townand my sound's laid down by the Underground.I drink up all the Hennessey ya got on ya shelfso just let me introduce myselfMy name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.

All right!Hold the ball your shootin'Cuz I'm about to ruinthe scoring and assists that ya used to.I'm on the ZipsAnd you know you're on my list nowI'm about to make the MAC say "Wow!"I hope you're ready for meCuz you're about to seeWhat it means to beA-K-Rowdy!My name is Humpty,pronounced with an 'Umpty.' To all the top scorers in the MAC, please allow me to bump thee.I dunno....something along those lines I guess. I'm done now...