Roo Brew

I figured some more people that just myself might be interested in this. Since I originally heard Roo Brew would be out in April, I e-mailed Thirsty Dog and asked when we'd be able to get it. Here's the response:"We are ready to brew and have done a couple of test batches that have been used for events sponsored by the guys we are contract brewing it for. They are waiting for some licensing issues with the state to be finished and should have itdone in June to start selling the product before tailgaiting."

I figured some more people that just myself might be interested in this. Since I originally heard Roo Brew would be out in April, I e-mailed Thirsty Dog and asked when we'd be able to get it. Here's the response:"We are ready to brew and have done a couple of test batches that have been used for events sponsored by the guys we are contract brewing it for. They are waiting for some licensing issues with the state to be finished and should have itdone in June to start selling the product before tailgaiting."
Roo Brew was serving beer during the Arch Angels event in the Martin Center. I wasn't impressed with the beer. Not sure if it was their IPA or not. I usually like IPA's. Hoppin Frog has an amazing IPA.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Strange....I've never read anywhere that the University was even involved at all with Roo Brew. I just assumed the school would be looking the other way with any legal "confusion in the marketplace" over consumers mistaking that the School was sponsoring the beer.If a school can show that an average consumer could mistake the Roo Brew as being a school sponsored product ie similar logo, same colors, etc. the U could legally block Thirsty Dog from selling it. However if the school IS involved, or simply grants permission for similar logo, school colors, etc. then no problemo.

I had Roo Brew at an ARCHAngels meeting at the Martin center a few months ago. I know the gentleman from the U of A working on this project and they are very excited and proud.

Strange....I've never read anywhere that the University was even involved at all with Roo Brew. I just assumed the school would be looking the other way with any legal "confusion in the marketplace" over consumers mistaking that the School was sponsoring the beer.If a school can show that an average consumer could mistake the Roo Brew as being a school sponsored product ie similar logo, same colors, etc. the U could legally block Thirsty Dog from selling it. However if the school IS involved, or simply grants permission for similar logo, school colors, etc. then no problemo.
I had Roo Brew at an ARCHAngels meeting at the Martin center a few months ago. I know the gentleman from the U of A working on this project and they are very excited and proud.
You're giving the folks at UA too much credit. Akron isn't the merchandising Giant that OSU is. Hell, I go to the hardware store and I can buy OSU flip flops :rolleyes: The folks at UofA are probably celebrating that someone actually thinks about UofA enough to even consider putting a Kangaroo on their beer!

You're giving the folks at UA too much credit. Akron isn't the merchandising Giant that OSU is. Hell, I go to the hardware store and I can buy OSU flip flops :rolleyes: The folks at UofA are probably celebrating that someone actually thinks about UofA enough to even consider putting a Kangaroo on their beer!
I agree with you, but I own a pair of Akron flip flops. I find it odd when I can buy a Lowes gift card in line that has OSU, OU and BG logos on them, but not Akron...IN AKRON!!!

I'm constantly asking people in stores in ne ohio if/when they will have any Akron gear. We have the best logo in college sports and we can't find anything, anywhere.

I agree with you, but I own a pair of Akron flip flops. I find it odd when I can buy a Lowes gift card in line that has OSU, OU and BG logos on them, but not Akron...IN AKRON!!!