2008 Predicitons- CFN

K-Roo

We know CFN sucks.. but here it is:"The overall talent level needed an upgrade, so the coaching staff found former Miami Hurricane Andrew Johnson to help the running game, former West Virginia Mountaineer Jeremy Bruce to fill a receiver slot, and former Iowa Hawkeye Ryan Bain to anchor the defensive line. One thing was proven last year, the coaching staff can change things around, taking the woeful special teams and making them great. Now they have to show they can improve an offense that was among the worst in the MAC, and help out a defense that gave up too many points in bunches. The coaching is solid, the tradition is good, and the recruiting has been decent. Now it's time to see if it can all come together to form one of the league's surprise teams.""The season will be a success if ... the Zips come up with a winning season. Getting over the .500 mark used to be a given around Akron, but after two straight losing seasons, the team has to start winning the close games and it has to start beating the mediocre."http://cfn.scout.com/2/745595.html

2007 Fun Stats: - Third quarter scoring: Opponents 102 – Akron 37- Punt return average: Akron 13.6 yards – Opponents 9 yards- Average yards per game: Opponents 408.8 yards – Akron 311.7 yardsThe first of the "Fun Stats" is the one that concerns me about JD as a head coach. I think JD's a great recruiter (the most important part of being a successful college coach?) and seems to be a really good "players" coach. I like JD and hope he's our coach for a long time. But the "Third quarter scoring" differential, in my oppinion, exposes a troubling lack of ability to make in-game adjustments. It seems as though the other team's coaching staff goes into the locker room at halftime, analyzes what changes they have to make and then the team successfully executes them. We, on the other hand, seem to have our game plan carved in stone before kickoff and we either live or die by it.

We know CFN sucks.. but here it is:"The overall talent level needed an upgrade, so the coaching staff found former Miami Hurricane Andrew Johnson to help the running game, former West Virginia Mountaineer Jeremy Bruce to fill a receiver slot, and former Iowa Hawkeye Ryan Bain to anchor the defensive line. One thing was proven last year, the coaching staff can change things around, taking the woeful special teams and making them great. Now they have to show they can improve an offense that was among the worst in the MAC, and help out a defense that gave up too many points in bunches. The coaching is solid, the tradition is good, and the recruiting has been decent. Now it's time to see if it can all come together to form one of the league's surprise teams.""The season will be a success if ... the Zips come up with a winning season. Getting over the .500 mark used to be a given around Akron, but after two straight losing seasons, the team has to start winning the close games and it has to start beating the mediocre."http://cfn.scout.com/2/745595.html
Wow that is quite the statement!! I believe the records indicate 7 seasons over .500 for UA since going 1-A in 1987, which is exactly 1/3 of the time. I'm not sure I would call 1 out of 3 chances a "given" :lol: But, as noted in the 1st post, we know CFN sucks.