Next Recruiting Target?

A natural target for the Zips' recruiting net would seem to be Kofi Sarkodie's teammate from Ohio FC Mutiny, defender Chad Barson. Chad is in Portugal with the US U-18 squad that defeated host Portugal, but scored just one goal in its three games in the tournament. He started and played 90-minutes in all three games. Barson has been with the U-17 pool for a year now, I think.I know someone out there knows more than I do on the recuriting status of Barson. We will have to beat out those @#*&%#s from Indiana to get him, I'm sure. :D Another interesting tidbit: I see that coach Fischbein of New Mexico has managed to corrale UConn transfer Euan Holden, brother of Houston Dynamo -- and former Hoosier all-America Stuart Holden. Stuart was recruited to IU by you-know-who. Adds another layer of intrigue to Part Deux of the building rivalry between the Zips and the Loblos, which will become heated again at 7 PM on September 12th. Be there or miss out, FC Zip fans. B)

Rest easy ZIP, Chad is already a committed 'roo. :)
What a back line!!!! :cheers: Clean sheets for the year, anyone?P.S.: Look for Zakuani to get double figures in goals this year. Coach Porter's biggest problem will be trying to hold onto these guys for four years -- as has been shown in Hoosier Country, where Kofi Sarkodie's brother has fled the IUPen to become a professional footballer.

Another interesting tidbit: I see that coach Fischbein of New Mexico has managed to corrale UConn transfer Euan Holden, brother of Houston Dynamo -- and former Hoosier all-America Stuart Holden. Stuart was recruited to IU by you-know-who. Adds another layer of intrigue to Part Deux of the building rivalry between the Zips and the Loblos, which will become heated again at 7 PM on September 12th. Be there or miss out, FC Zip fans. B)
I mis-wrote! The Indiana Hoosier, come Houston Dynamo player I was thinking of, who was recruited by Caleb was John Michael Hayden. Well, Hayden...Holden. Who's counting the # of Tecates I've been drinking lately, anyhow? No one I hope.

Rest easy ZIP, Chad is already a committed 'roo. :)
What a back line!!!! :cheers: Clean sheets for the year, anyone?P.S.: Look for Zakuani to get double figures in goals this year. Coach Porter's biggest problem will be trying to hold onto these guys for four years -- as has been shown in Hoosier Country, where Kofi Sarkodie's brother has fled the IUPen to become a professional footballer.
Actually, Ofori is back in the fold at Indiana. A little sibling match-up at Armstrong Stadium on August 31.