First Zip to Play in the EPL

Who will be the first Zip to play in the EPL?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks JZ! The Scuttlebutt in the discussion shows how difficult is for Americans to get work permits in Europe/UK. MLS has to be happy about that. :rolleyes:

Excellent point, Z.I.P. I assume that if you impress enough in your "trial", the club will do as much as they can to help you clear the administrative hurdles.

BTW, if anyone votes for "other" and has someone in particular in mind I'm sure we'd all be curious to know who it might be.

• Like 1

Thanks JZ! The Scuttlebutt in the discussion shows how difficult is for Americans to get work permits in Europe/UK. MLS has to be happy about that. :rolleyes:

Excellent point, Z.I.P. I assume that if you impress enough in your "trial", the club will do as much as they can to help you clear the administrative hurdles.

BTW, if anyone votes for "other" and has someone in particular in mind I'm sure we'd all be curious to know who it might be.

Summoning Tank and Bisbee in 3-2-1... :D

Summoning Tank and Bisbee in 3-2-1... :D

:thumb: God I can't wait for the new season to start!!!

Screw the EPL!

this is AMERICA I'm more proud of Zips playing in the MLS. I don't care about Manchesters and Arsenals, just like 99% of America doesn't care about the EPL.

We need players to STAY in the best country in the world!

Let's just hope none of them end up playing for an MLS team in that city south of Akron.

Screw the EPL!

this is AMERICA I'm more proud of Zips playing in the MLS. I don't care about Manchesters and Arsenals, just like 99% of America doesn't care about the EPL.

Let's just hope none of them end up playing for an MLS team in that city south of Akron.

:wall:

I cannot tell you how awesome it would be to have a Zip play in one of the major professional leagues in Europe. They are the best... why would you not want the Zips to play against and with the best?

Zakuani already has all the necessary documentation. He also has spent time in Arsenal's system, so the EPL already know him. He will be the first Zip to Europe.

I find it pleasing yet hilarious to see a HS Junior in this poll. lol!

Screw the EPL!

If you want America to ever win a world cup you will want all of are best players to play in the best league which is, ...... The EPL so I'm all for Teal, steve-o, D, KOFI and Perry n Blair going to play in the EPL. So to prove America is the best country we must get our best playing against the best day n day out.

Happy Holidays.

Screw the EPL!

If you want America to ever win a world cup you will want all of are best players to play in the best league which is, ...... The EPL so I'm all for Teal, steve-o, D, KOFI and Perry n Blair going to play in the EPL. So to prove America is the best country we must get our best playing against the best day n day out.

Happy Holidays.

Zakuani already has all the necessary documentation. He also has spent time in Arsenal's system, so the EPL already know him. He will be the first Zip to Europe.

I find it pleasing yet hilarious to see a HS Junior in this poll. lol!

Hilarious maybe, but from all looks, Drew is developed beyond any of our current/past players (at any position, frankly) at the HS Junior level. IOW, the opponents aren't laughing. He did his Barson best in the recent Nike International Friendlies, taking balls off the line in the first two games to preserve a win and draw. Be sure to keep abreast of how his US U17 national team does in Mexico at the 2011 U17 World Cup, where he will likely be the third straight future Zip FB to captain the team at the WC, after Sarkodie and Kitchen. I bet no other college in history could say that! :D

• 4 years later...