Bowden Says JAR Needs Replaced

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Money is another topic, and a big one. Apparently Tress is working on that, being able to get that done without city (FINE BY ME) and state money.It could be done through benefactors and naming rights, and a healthy investment by the school. Putting those three things together is the trick. IMO.

Health investment by the school? Does the UA have a printing press for $$$ now?? Where's it coming from?

It isn't like going from campus to downtown is all that unreasonable of a distance. Nothing like the Rubber Bowl... I am usually not a big fan of cities putting up big cash for stadium projects, but in this case I think there would clear/huge benefits for all parties involved. I agree with Bowden's comments. At this point, for the program to grow much more a new arena is needed. Many people don't go to games specifically because of the JAR.

I would build it bigger than many have talked about. I think that with a modern arena, the city would really get behind the team and drawing well would not be an issue at all. 10k

Health investment by the school? Does the UA have a printing press for $$$ now?? Where's it coming from?

Printing press for money?...They don't need one because they already have a "building process".

Where will the money come from?...The taxpayers of Ohio and on the backs of the students in the form of student fees they have to take loans out of the bank to pay. Pile on a lifetime of debt on others so everyone can go watch a game in a half full arena today.

If we're going to shoot for a 10k stadium...then this is the time to do it. I like what akzipper said "strike while the iron is hot". While we have Dambrot for a 10 year career, opening a new stadium would help in recruiting better players down the road as well as attract more people to the games. Casual fans who don't attend games because it's the JAR. I'm sure we could get more public/private support for such a project than the football team. Because, lets be real here, the Basketball team is more consistently good.

Now...if only all of us ZNO could pitch in $1000...maybe we could buy ourselves a nice little sign of recognition :lol: