QB speed & battle..2010 and beyond

xu9697

Quick analysis after looking at Scout & Rivals (both were similar in comparisons) in regards to 40 times. Also noted where they will be in regards to size by next year (taking a guess)Matt Rodgers: 4.69; Scout did their own and timed 4.83 Rodgers 6'2, 215Patrick Nicely: 4.67: Scout did their own and timed 4.90 Nicely 6'4, 225Zach D'Orazio: 4.52; no Scout time D'Orazio 6'1 195Nothing listed on Dylan Potts, did not search Wackerly and, to compare, found 1 site that had Jacq as 4.7 (less info on him overall).I think it will be a 3-player battle, with Rodgers the favorite & Nicely a strong contender. Tough to count out D'Orazio completely, as he was recruited by Walt. I still think he will redshirt though. DON'T FORGET, you can see him in action on Thursday 9/25 against Ritossa and Kirtland on Fox Sports.Football speed is obviously different than 40 times, but Nicely at that size vs. Rodgers is very close. I know, I know...we are 2 games into the 2009 season. And I am a Jacq suppporter (uh...huh huh). But I do think that starting next year we are really going to see some great QB play and true dual-threat options at the position.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised about Nicely's speed.In my casual reading all I've heard was "pocket passer" so my first thoughts were of qb's like Bernie Kozar, Dan Fouts and, for those of you under 70, Luke Getsy. Sounds like Nicely is a qb who may be able to run when he needs to.

Quick analysis after looking at Scout & Rivals (both were similar in comparisons) in regards to 40 times. Also noted where they will be in regards to size by next year (taking a guess)Matt Rodgers: 4.69; Scout did their own and timed 4.83 Rodgers 6'2, 215Patrick Nicely: 4.67: Scout did their own and timed 4.90 Nicely 6'4, 225Zach D'Orazio: 4.52; no Scout time D'Orazio 6'1 195Nothing listed on Dylan Potts, did not search Wackerly and, to compare, found 1 site that had Jacq as 4.7 (less info on him overall).I think it will be a 3-player battle, with Rodgers the favorite & Nicely a strong contender. Tough to count out D'Orazio completely, as he was recruited by Walt. I still think he will redshirt though. DON'T FORGET, you can see him in action on Thursday 9/25 against Ritossa and Kirtland on Fox Sports.Football speed is obviously different than 40 times, but Nicely at that size vs. Rodgers is very close. I know, I know...we are 2 games into the 2009 season. And I am a Jacq suppporter (uh...huh huh). But I do think that starting next year we are really going to see some great QB play and true dual-threat options at the position.

Put me in the Nicely camp. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the spring game.If you get a chance watch him on the sidelines this week. He has "warmed up" Rodgers at PSU and last week just before he comes in.PS Something tells me Nicely won't need to run. Just a guess though.

I watche Zach play tonight at Cuyahoga Heights....game was a blow out 43-0 at the half so we left. He is quick and doesn't seem to have a run first style. Throws a real nice ball had two beautiful 30-40 yard passes that were right on the money -- could have only been caught by the receiver and was. He needed to scramble a few times and looked quick with great moves. I'll be there Thursday night to see Kirtland's TE and Zach against tougher competition.