Update on Coleman Commons

The official website has additional information and estimates on completion of the Outdoor Living Room.Uakron.edu Story155048.jpgPay particular to Memorial Grove. Which will be the likely spot that the plaques from Memorial Hall will be moved.158162.jpgI'm very excited to see more water features on campus. It's a missing part since the University is completely land locked.

it looks like it's going to be amazing.... I sortof imagine some green, vibrant, active, communal environment with birds chirping and some people relaxing while others are bustling about, and someone is being a clown on that stage.Don't underestimate the mood something like this can set.I was reading a thread in some forums by some girls who were researching universities to attend, and they made lists and next to many of those that topped the list the word "pretty".I made a comment about whether "pretty" was the top criteria they were using, and of course there was some defensiveness, but really, it's a factor.People pick colleges for the experience, and part of that is how they imagine they will feel just walking on campus.

The last major piece to building this, besides landscaping, is the demolition of Memorial Hall. It isn't scheduled officially, but it seems imminent.
I see that the west end of the 'Future Building' is shaped like the east end of the Student Center. I wonder if it will be the same angled glass design, which would make a really cool/photogenic backdrop to the OLR.

It's going to be gorgeous! Again, just what this entire city needs! The more water the better. It looks as if there will be a grand total of 6 (six!) sources of water in the new commons! The fountains are not just asthetically pleasing but will add an audible tranquility to the area. 10 on a scale of 1-10!And this will be directly adjacent to our new soccer stadium. I'm interested to see how/if they plan on incorporating the two areas. We could wind up having the most beautiful soccer stadium area on planet earth!Off topic, but look how beautiful the surroundings are at the U of Dayton's stadium: http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/facilities/BaujanField.htmlLooking @ many programs' athletic sites, I found Dayton's facility to be far-and-away the most asthetic. Ours could rival that.

so when we take down memorial are we going to move the names that are on the wall honoring those who gave their lives in WWII or are we just gonna turn it into a pile of rubble. I agree that it's time to say goodbye to memorial but I hope we relocate the names

so when we take down memorial are we going to move the names that are on the wall honoring those who gave their lives in WWII or are we just gonna turn it into a pile of rubble. I agree that it's time to say goodbye to memorial but I hope we relocate the names
\100% Agreed! Maybe we need to add some plaques to that!

I'm sure we'll save the historical stuff. Remember that they kept all the plaster decorations from the building they tore down to make room for the rec center, and used them to decorate the interior, and build those arches that lead up to the entrance.