Capital One Bowl

zip81

Isn't it obvious? Zippy is clearly the class of college sports. Using her again this year to embarrass the rif-raff of the other schools' mascots is just unfair.This reminds me of an old story. One year, Playboy ranked the top 20 party schools in America and the previous year WVU won and was not even in the top 20 the following year. Next to the school that won Playboy placed an * and at the bottom of the poll had a line saying, "Sorry WVU, we don't deal with professionals". Clearly that is what is going on here.

Why isn't Zippy defending his title this year?
His title? Doesn't Zippy have a pouch? Male kangaroos do not have a pouch. Only UofA and U of Colorado have female mascots.
I know that...but I'm still getting used to it.Since you didn't mention it on your first response, I guess you had to think about it too. :wave:

Entry into the Capital One Mascot Competition is by invitation upon receipt of the application packet. U of A did not enter Zippy in the competition this year.It is very clear though that many out their "Fear the Roo" though. A mascot, who Zippy beat down last year and is in the competition again, contacted Zippy for advice. He also tried to make him a deal that involved mobilizing Zipsnation into voting for him this year. Also a certain administrator that this board knows well from a school in southern Ohio asked Zippy if they would be interested in helping them promote their mascot for the competition next year.

How does anyone know the sex of the mascot?
If a male is playing Zippy, does that make him a cross dresser? :lol:
Funny! But I'm guessing that males usually play Zippy. My wife and I used to eat lunch in the Summit Lounge back in the early '80s and we would always see a couple there in the opposite corner. We noticed HER as being one of the football cheerleaders. Apparently apart from that, we also used to notice that Zippy seemed to "favor" this cheerleader at the football games. It wasn't until Zippy was "revealed" in a newspaper article that we put 2 and 2 together. Zippy and the guy in Summit lounge were one in the same :)

How does anyone know the sex of the mascot?
If a male is playing Zippy, does that make him a cross dresser? :lol:
I know almost all the guys that are in the marsupial suit and yes, they are all male. And you will almost never see the same person in the suit throughout a game. They take frequent turns in football and basketball because it gets extremely hot in that thing.

Isn't it obvious? Zippy is clearly the class of college sports. Using her again this year to embarrass the rif-raff of the other schools' mascots is just unfair.This reminds me of an old story. One year, Playboy ranked the top 20 party schools in America and the previous year WVU won and was not even in the top 20 the following year. Next to the school that won Playboy placed an * and at the bottom of the poll had a line saying, "Sorry WVU, we don't deal with professionals". Clearly that is what is going on here.
someone who reads the articles :o

someone who reads the articles :o
It's all I have left after the other pages are stuck together. :D