Soccer News Poll

The Zips are now ranked as the number ONE team in the Great Lakes region.Michigan moved up to second while Northwestern fell to third.1) Akron 13-1-22) Michigan 10-4-23) Northwestern 11-1-24) Indiana 8-4-25) Michigan State 9-5-16) Notre Dame 9-5-27) Illinois Chicago 10-2-48) Louisville 9-5-28) Northern Illinois 8-3-4 10) Butler 11-2-3The Zips should be no lower than third in the Adidas poll.

The Zips are now ranked as the number ONE team in the Great Lakes region.Michigan moved up to second while Northwestern fell to third.1) Akron 13-1-22) Michigan 10-4-23) Northwestern 11-1-24) Indiana 8-4-25) Michigan State 9-5-16) Notre Dame 9-5-27) Illinois Chicago 10-2-48) Louisville 9-5-28) Northern Illinois 8-3-4 10) Butler 11-2-3The Zips should be no lower than third in the Adidas poll.
No one can legitimately say now that we're getting shafted.But...there's still time. :rolleyes:

No one can legitimately say now that we're getting shafted.
Sure they can, these rankings are meaningless. The only ranking that matters is the one the seeding committee gives us in a few weeks... and they've definitely been known to shaft us.

Hartwick and Penn State are traditionally strong programs. Both have won National Championships, but are having down years. Those games should be two more wins and two more shut outs.OSU is not currently ranked, but is a tough game. I hate to say it, but let's not forget that OSU was in the National Championship game last year. That game scares me. I think in the past decade we are 0-3 playing at OSU.

The second issue of the NCAA RPI is due today.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what their schedule is supposed to be.I just checked there, and they have, in fact, updated it. We sit at #5 in the RPI.Penn State is at #159 out of 203, Hartwick is at #67, and OSU is at #38. We will lose standing by playing Penn State, but should make it up playing two strong teams to end the season.

The RPI is totally bogus.#1 Indiana has a 2-3-2 record against the top twenty-five. The Hoosiers probably have the strongest SOS#2 St. John has a 2-1-1 record against the top twenty-five#3 Wake Forest has a 3-0-0 record against the top twenty-five and a home tie against a good Duke team#4 Loyola (Md.) has not played a top twenty-five team#5 Akron has a 2-0-1 record against top twenty-five teamsWake Forest is clearly the best team in the country. Look up the statistics on ... College Soccer NewsA full analysis certainly would not put Wake at the number three best RPI. Nor would Indiana even be in the top five. I smell a rat. Like, its Indiana's turn again.

Did you notice the Nations Goals against leader in College Soccer News? Da Zips! 4 goals in 1500 minutes, what an awesome defense. It must be great for Evan Bush to see those guys in front of him and for them to know he's backing them up. Also, Steve is just off the country lead for both goals and points. I can't wait for the playoffs to start.

As good as our program is, I'm fearful of the irony in playing Louisville in the Tournament.
If that were to happen you can count on the selection committee making darn sure that the gameis played in Louisville. The fix may be in for Indiana to win it all. Don't you just love it?