Attendance for RB's last game

ZippyTuba11

Wednesday's game only drew 10k fans on a great, warm, sunny November day. Thursday night is supposed to be chilly with a chance of rain. Can we get 'fair weather' fans to come out for another weeknight game in bad weather?The bus situation caused a lot of students to spurn the game and ruined it for some. A few students promised they won't come out for Thursday's game because they were so upset over being left behind. Are the students going to come out?Buffalo is about 4 hrs away. Will they bring a big crowd on a weeknight when they have to be back friday for class?I know Capt'n predicts a huge sell out, but I don't see it. If this were are on a saturday and on a bigger carrier than ESPNU, then maybe but for a Thursday game in the cold and rain? I think we might be lucky for 15k. With Toledo out of the way, how many do you think are going to come out to the game?

Maybe everyone should stop looking at it negatively and just go have fun. I want it to be full just like anyone else but it probably wont happen. If we do want to have any chance though, we need to all bring new people out to the game. Just tell them there will be beer and food and they will come out. Tickets are cheap, there is no excuse why you cant find a few new people to come out. I brought 12 rubber bowl first timers on wednesday. I bought three 30 packs of beer and told them to come drink. Cost me a little bit but it was well worth it, they got to be on 106.9, light some trash cans on fire (cardboard ones), drink heavily, and watch an awesome football game. Needless to say, they are hooked. That's how you pack the rubber bowl.

I don't care whether there will be 20 fans or 20,000 fans there. I'm still going to cheer for the Zips to take control of their own destiny and I still plan on sending the old Rubber Bowl out with style.
agreed. Can we convince the Rowdies to storm the field in honor of the last game at the bowl? I usually enjoy watching them from a distance but I would certainly love my shot at standing out there on the pitch :)I will be there with my parents and a couple friends.

The Beacon has been running some advertisements for the game, and with the extreme low cost of gaining admission, along with promotions and whatnot, I think there should be at least 15K unless the weather is terrible. Some old timers will show up just because it's the last game there. If there are many news stories on the television news channels then there will be a few thousand more. Regardless I'll be there and hope the team does it up. Don't forget too that there will be fireworks afterward, which will draw some more. Truth be told though, I'd like nothing more than to see a huge, rocking crowd on a chilly Fall night sending out the joint in style and with good cheer (read beer). We can hope.GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip

I'm all for taking those goalpost down....i'm sure as hell storming the field if we beat Buffalo and cement our lead in first place. Correct me if im mistaken but if we beat buffalo and end up tieing them for the MAC east lead by the end of the season, we still will have the tiebreaker on them, correct?

I'm all for taking those goalpost down....i'm sure as hell storming the field if we beat Buffalo and cement our lead in first place. Correct me if im mistaken but if we beat buffalo and end up tieing them for the MAC east lead by the end of the season, we still will have the tiebreaker on them, correct?
Absolutely, if we end up tied with Buffalo (but not another team as well) for first and we beat them next Thursday, we go to the MACC. Next Thursday is huge.

Absolutely, if we end up tied with Buffalo (but not another team as well) for first and we beat them next Thursday, we go to the MACC. Next Thursday is huge.
Let's put that first nail in their coffin then on thursday. Let's pack the house with friends and relatives, get them all out to the game. And another thing, did anyone check out that free ticket offer for the "stars of the rubber bowl" thing?just print this out and get a free ticketI dont care how they fill the RB, let's just fill it.ticket.gif

I'll be there. I hope people come out for the last game ever. I don't see why people shouldn't. In Ohio you expect the weather to get colder late in the year. If people come out to support the Browns and Suckeyes in bad weather then why not come out to support the Zips. Just watching some college games yesterday, fans came out to fill up their stadium whether it be in Iowa, at Boston College, etc. It shouldn't matter the weather or the opponent. Football is ment to be played in bad weather. It'll be sad if people don't show up.

The weather will be a huge factor, and it's not looking good.Think about it...how many ADDITIONAL people (those who wouldn't normally go to such a game) do you really think want to spend a weeknight in a cold, rainy Rubber Bowl just for nostalgia purposes? An additional 1,000? Maybe 2,000? I don't know. I sure hope that it's more than that. But I am not real optimistic. Because of the circumstances (title on the line, last game) I think the crowd might be bigger than last week...but not twice as big as last week, which is what it would take to make the place look even remotely full. I know this much. After going to games there for nearly 30 years, I am going to enjoy my last trip to the old bowl. And I hope we leave there with a little bit firmer grip on first place in the MAC East....and I would love to see the students run out of the field afterwards.

Nostalgia is all this city has left, other than UA. Thursday's game combines the two.The BJ has been pushing the death of the Rubber Bowl all season although they rarely mention its main occupants, instead opting to focus on the sideshows like obscure concerts or crappy high school games. People will go to their first Zips games because they want to see the place one last time. I'm bringing my mother and sister to their first Zips game ever because they want to be able to say goodbye to a place where they watched their own high schools play games and saw a few concerts. This is a great opportunity to add to our small "casual fan" base.

Nostalgia is all this city has left, other than UA. Thursday's game combines the two.The BJ has been pushing the death of the Rubber Bowl all season although they rarely mention its main occupants, instead opting to focus on the sideshows like obscure concerts or crappy high school games. People will go to their first Zips games because they want to see the place one last time. I'm bringing my mother and sister to their first Zips game ever because they want to be able to say goodbye to a place where they watched their own high schools play games and saw a few concerts. This is a great opportunity to add to our small "casual fan" base.
and that's exactly what we all have to do. and use this and get them a free ticket! ticket.gif

Has anyone actually tried to use that free print out voucher? I know of some people who are planning on going to the game and would love to get in on it, but it looks like it was just thrown together and it doesn't really look "official." None of us will be able to get to the box office before Thursday, so if anyone knows if it works, please let me know.

I don't care whether there will be 20 fans or 20,000 fans there. I'm still going to cheer for the Zips to take control of their own destiny and I still plan on sending the old Rubber Bowl out with style.
:thumb: THANK YOU...if so called fans don't come out thursday screw 'em...the only thing thats matters is a WIN...believe me fuffalo will have lots of folks there..biggest game since the '05 Bilzzard Bowl against can't...go ZIPS

Has anyone actually tried to use that free print out voucher? I know of some people who are planning on going to the game and would love to get in on it, but it looks like it was just thrown together and it doesn't really look "official." None of us will be able to get to the box office before Thursday, so if anyone knows if it works, please let me know.
My parents both used it as did my younger sister, I believe it works fine. I'll find out a little more on it today.here is the original link, you fill your name out, you get this voucher. There doesn't seem to be any verification code on it. Personally I dont care, i just want to see this place get the full house it deserves. I know the university doesnt seem to keen on advertising the last game or making it a sellout.

Advertising the last game in an old stadium is a very important part of advertising the first game in a new stadium.
well has anyone heard the commercial on the radio for the "the historic last game at the rubber bowl" ?Pretty cool commercial, if that doesnt make you want to get off your butt and brave the cold rain, nothing will.

Lets just hope that we can get that placee packed...... these guys have busted butt all summer thru the grueling heat and hard works to be able to put themselve sin the position their in to win the MAC East......... the least we could do is show up, be loud and show them we appreciate the way that they are representing our city.

from the ABJ article posted by Johnnyzip"The starting time for the Zips' game at Ohio on Nov. 22 has been set for 3:30 p.m. Officials were waiting to see the time of the Michigan-Ohio State game, which is at noon"how many times are we gonna have to go through this crap. if you are going to do something like this atleast make up a reason other than "we are a second rate team and don't want to get in the way of the big boys."

from the ABJ article posted by Johnnyzip"The starting time for the Zips' game at Ohio on Nov. 22 has been set for 3:30 p.m. Officials were waiting to see the time of the Michigan-Ohio State game, which is at noon"how many times are we gonna have to go through this crap. if you are going to do something like this atleast make up a reason other than "we are a second rate team and don't want to get in the way of the big boys."
that's what we are doing though, getting in the way of the big boys who have fans that wont come to ours or OU's games. I for one dont care, ill be down there already friday night and 3:30pm is better than noon, so i can still recover from that night before . :CK_brew:

that's what we are doing though, getting in the way of the big boys who have fans that wont come to ours or OU's games. I for one dont care, ill be down there already friday night and 3:30pm is better than noon, so i can still recover from that night before . :CK_brew:
I understand what we are doing I just don't understand why we openly admit to it and promote the idea that we are second rate

I understand what we are doing I just don't understand why we openly admit to it and promote the idea that we are second rate
Its at Ohio, the Zips have very little to do with the start time.

Its at Ohio, the Zips have very little to do with the start time.
good point. I guess I should be frustrated with the MAC all together. (nothing new there) :rolleyes: