Student incentive for attending the game thursday

bUAkronG

Well my other half is an RA and apparently it has been confirmed that Proenza agreed to giving the students friday off school if 5K students attend last week/this week's game combined.Unfortunately this was kept quiet because they didn't want the students going for that reason alone; they were just supposed to go on their own.I wish we knew how many students were there last week but I guess all we can do is try and get more to come this week and hope we get 5000 students! I know I wouldn't mind a day off :)Have they done anything like this before? Not like it matters for me personally because I will be there with my girl a 3 or four of my pals but I was just wondering what you guys thought of this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that this would not be likely. Remember, students PAY to go to these classes. Why would they just pretty much close the campus for a day, give their paid faculty a free day off, and not give students access to the learning that they've paid for....unless it was an emergency or safety situation? And how would they communicate such a closing to all 25 thousand students...especially since the game does not conclude until late Thursday night?

lol sorry to sound like a gossip girl but apparently my information was wrong. It has nothing to do with students. I guess it only applies to this game, and the attendance must be over 10k total.seeing as how the story has changed already this is probably just some rumor someone made up.Nonetheless let's pack the RB! and don't hate me if you still have class friday! =P

lol sorry to sound like a gossip girl but apparently my information was wrong. It has nothing to do with students. I guess it only applies to this game, and the attendance must be over 10k total.seeing as how the story has changed already this is probably just some rumor someone made up.Nonetheless let's pack the RB! and don't hate me if you still have class friday! =P
Hey im the one who is hosting the event on facebook, they are going to call for my head if there is class Friday. I may just name some sad sap an officer and drop out of it.It would be funny if that rumor got 10,000 students to the game for real.Either way I'm keeping the 5000 students rumor, i like that one the most.

whats the name of the event? I'll try to get my friends in on it. and if you get scared you can go ahead and balme me I'll fight a fool or two :nutkick::gun::chair::mad_flame:
ha it's alright i already passed it onto a friend. But the event name is "DAY OFF SCHOOL IF 5000 STUDENTS ATTEND THE LAST 2 GAMES AT THE RUBBER BOWL"already got 23 people attending :)

whats the name of the event? I'll try to get my friends in on it. and if you get scared you can go ahead and balme me I'll fight a fool or two :nutkick::gun::chair::mad_flame:
ha it's alright i already passed it onto a friend. But the event name is "DAY OFF SCHOOL IF 5000 STUDENTS ATTEND THE LAST 2 GAMES AT THE RUBBER BOWL"already got 23 people attending :)
LOL you quoted my post almost entirely. Now I'm effed too lol :( but anyways I'm at the event lol

LOL you quoted my post almost entirely. Now I'm effed too lol :( but anyways I'm at the event lol
haha, you spoke/wrote them. It's your rumor!

watch, 15,000 students will show up, the place will be nearly full...and ill try that 4,999 argument.
In that case it would be tragic if the zipcard readers became disfunctional... ;)
lol ya know that reminds me, they had those for the first time in a while at a football game last wednesday. That's a good excuse for the rumor.

They had the card readers there because the last 2 games are part of the residence hall challenge. They needed to swipe cards so they can get an official count of how many students came to the game and from what residence hall.Normally, you just walk in, show your id to someone standing there, and continue on your merry way.

watch, 15,000 students will show up, the place will be nearly full...and ill try that 4,999 argument.
In that case it would be tragic if the zipcard readers became disfunctional... ;)
lol ya know that reminds me, they had those for the first time in a while at a football game last wednesday. That's a good excuse for the rumor.
I believe those were only for the Residence Hall challenge.

I believe those were only for the Residence Hall challenge.
i know that, but 641 people on facebook that are attending the game dont.