Tickets/Attendance for Thursday

zipdiehard

I don't know if there is a shred of truth to this but I just stopped at Ritzman's and the lady told me they had no more tickets/vouchers. She said they were told the game was completly sold out. Anyone else hearing this?I kind of chuckled when she said "there are a lot of Akron fans going to the game". I of course said "where have they been for the last 20 years?"

Remember,......there are still all of the sections on the home side that only sell as Reserved tickets. And those will go last. And you can't get those with the one-dollar voucher. However, your information might mean that there will be more Akron fans on the visitor side than usual.The weather forecast on tonight's news is saying that the rain might be over my mid-day. That is GREAT news.

I could have sworn the other day I saw an online image of that voucher to get $1 tickets. My fam wants to get some of them, but I cant find them anywhere and they don't live in akron, so they cant stop by Ritzman Pharmacy to get any... can anyone help me out?***EDIT***Nevermind.. found it then read the fine print.

Told ya so. :P BTW - In my FINAL (I promise) rant on $1.00 tickets --Say, for the sake of argument, the Zips had "Three Dollar Thursday." And, let's assume the Zips sold 10,000 $1.00 tickets.Those 10,000 tickets would still have been sold at $3.00, and the Zips would have made $20,000 extra dollars. That's a football scholarship. That's the value of an Infocision loge for 1 year. And UA threw that money away.End of rant.

I honestly think it was more of a play off of the old $1 tickets for the Acme Zip game... kinda like paying homage to the glory days of the rubber bowl.
A family of 4 could have entered the Rubber Bowl for $12.00, instead of $4.00. The extra $2.00 per ticket wouldn't have deterred anyone. UA left $20,000 (or more) on the table just to pay homage? That's insane. Ask anyone @ UA how difficult it is to raise $20,000. How long (timewise), and how many people does it take to get an additional $20,000 for the Z-Fund? Four people making phone calls for a month? Probably. Maybe more.BTW - Acme-Zip tickets may have been $1.00 in the 70's, but they were $5.00 or BOGO in the later years.MUST...STOP....RANT....SO...DIFFICULT.....

I honestly think it was more of a play off of the old $1 tickets for the Acme Zip game... kinda like paying homage to the glory days of the rubber bowl.
A family of 4 could have entered the Rubber Bowl for $12.00, instead of $4.00. The extra $2.00 per ticket wouldn't have deterred anyone. UA left $20,000 (or more) on the table just to pay homage? That's insane. Ask anyone @ UA how difficult it is to raise $20,000. How long (timewise), and how many people does it take to get an additional $20,000 for the Z-Fund? Four people making phone calls for a month? Probably. Maybe more.BTW - Acme-Zip tickets may have been $1.00 in the 70's, but they were $5.00 or BOGO in the later years.MUST...STOP....RANT....SO...DIFFICULT.....
I appreciate your rant, I do, but if they can get 20,000 at a 1 dollar that is 20,000 and it is 10,000 more people buying concessions so it balances out.