Miami In Game / Postgame

UAZipster0305

I think 0-5 qualifies as an especially off shooting night. ;)McClanahan's 52 shots to date have mostly been 3s -- 40, to be exact. He's shooting .300 on his 3s, and the Zips team average for 3s is .320. So, in his first 11 college level games he's .020 below the team percentage on his 3s, where he's expected to excel. In conference-only games, McClanahan is hitting .306 on 3s, and the team average is .307. So he's obviously not "worse than average" on this Zips team. He's just average. Not exactly a great performance, but not awful, either.Shooters can fool you by going for stretches without hitting. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
MD...I only dispute your math. If you really think that someone other than Buffalo will win the East at 11-5, then you are projecting that Buffalo will lose 3 of their last 4 games. And I am not quite willing to project that kind of collapse.
Skip, I'll stand by my call - as a matter of fact I'll guarantee it. :) So either Miami or Buffalo will finish on top but not both since they play each other. Its just a question of whether the Zips or Falcons join them. We need to win, have Buffalo win and BUGS to lose (Go Bulls! Go Bongcats!) to give us the #1 seed. Any other combination and we get a lower seed. But if we win we can't get any lower than 4th and still get the first round bye so at least that is in our control.