Live MAC Tournament updates

Wow someone doesn't like Akron fans. I hope we get to sit right behind you again next game. "there’s an Akron fan behind us (maybe a player’s dad?) who’s yelled the phrase “Integrity of the game” about 35 times so far. The Zips faithful seem to have a major problem with the refs. Let me point out that there have been 2 fouls called on each team so far (apparently their major beef is about missed traveling calls… yeah, that’s what has Akron shooting 0-9 from the field to start off.)"That didn't have anything to do with the score. Once MAC refs get going the integrity of the game goes down like it did against Toledo. Its not about us being 0-9 in a slow start but about bad calls (or lack of calls).

We were sitting near some Miami fans who were continuously yelling at the refs, too. Big deal. It's a great American sports tradition: Ya pays your money and ya gets to vent at the refs.Shame on VanDelay for spamming up a game blog by singling out Akron fans for criticism. Let the blogger sit with his dearly beloved fellow Ohio fans next year.Now the Buffalo fans are something special. They ignored the refs and spent their whole game heckling Singletary. Some of the things they said were definitely worthy of being included in a blog. ;)

Dear Van Delay:Yes, Akron fans are the only ones who yell at the refs. I guess you missed all the b!itching from the Toledo and Miami fans, or, maybe you were sitting in the wrong seat.Blog about the game. I mean, everyone is hanging on every word.By the way, did you know George Costanza when he worked at Van Delay industries? I believe he was an architect.

Dear Van Delay:Yes, Akron fans are the only ones who yell at the refs. I guess you missed all the b!itching from the Toledo and Miami fans, or, maybe you were sitting in the wrong seat.Blog about the game. I mean, everyone is hanging on every word.By the way, did you know George Costanza when he worked at Van Delay industries? I believe he was an architect.
When your own fans have to speak out against their fellow Akron fans for their comments, I think our points are rather solid. That said, I wish you guys luck tonight.

By the way, did you know George Costanza when he worked at Van Delay industries? I believe he was an architect.
Architect!? I thought he was an importer/exporter... or maybe just an importer :lol:
He should have been a Marine Biologist - he always wanted to pretend he was a Marine Biologist. :)

By the way, did you know George Costanza when he worked at Van Delay industries? I believe he was an architect.
Architect!? I thought he was an importer/exporter... or maybe just an importer :lol:
He should have been a Marine Biologist - he always wanted to pretend he was a Marine Biologist. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's pretty amazing to me that you can be someone who has this level of interest in MAC athletics to run a live blog, and you are watching somewhat of an improbable, cinderella-type run to the NCAA tournament by the #5 seed (would be the first time in MAC tournament history), and you don't know, or don't take the time to find out if that school had ever been there before?? One other thing...We've only just completed the semi-final games.....and I am already tired of hearing about Doug Penno this week.

Laughing my head off ... what a jerk this Van DeLay person is.Any one with passion for the game other than a supporter of Van DeLay's own team is a this or a that.Here's a tip. If you do not know what is going on ... don't make up or embellish stories ... just keep itto yourself.I was one of those awful Zips fans sitting right behind this knucklehead. In fact, Phil McKnight and myself spoke frequently to each other during the course of the game. I consider the entire McKnight family friends.As for Phil constantly yelling "Integrity of the game" I agree with him. Apparently Van DeLay or whoever this hack writer is does not know much about Akron sports. Nor does he understand the neverending bias against Akron by MAC officials. (I will get called out on this as whining, be that it as it may).Phil is correct. The officials in the MAC tend to pick a favored team (in their eyes) and often call aone sided game. That happens to more teams than just Akron. Akron does have a legitimate beef.Just look at the Singletary affair. The referees originally tried to hurry that game along. None of thethree called a foul on Singletary despite an obvious injury. It was only after the huge uproar that theybothered to review the tape. Lo and behold, Singletary did commit a flagrant foul.Even so, many non-Akron fans still tossed up lame excuses claiming that Linhart was flopping or faking. That it was a touch foul. That it was an isolated incident. Nonsense. Nonsense just like the pap rolling off Van DeLay's keyboard. When you do not know the facts ... shut up. Works for me.Leaving after the Akron-Miami game I spoke with several RedHawk fans. The conversation started with complimenting them on their great and chuck full of integrity head coach ... Charly Coles.The conversation got around to Chris Singletary. Singletary has no friends in Oxford. SeveralMiami players have suffered bodily harm from Singletary. So much so that the coaching staff atMiami officially reported Singletary to the league. Now, Van DeLay take this tip and dig up the truth;if you dare. You wont because you lack any personal integrity. That is why you are a hack and willnever be a creditable journalist. Like your pink slip, your biases are all too easy to see.

Here's the way I see it:* VanDelay Sports is a commercial enterprise that sells products on their website.* They started this thread as a free ad to drive customer traffic to their commercial website.* Once there, we Zips fans find that their game blog selectively pees on us.* When we complain about it here, instead of apologizing to customers who feel they've been insulted, VanDelay tries to justify peeing on us ("When your own fans have to speak out against their fellow Akron fans for their comments, I think our points are rather solid.").This is a no-brainer for me. I do not associate with commercial enterprises that demonstrate a lack of respect for their customers. My business will go to other sources of information on Zips games that do a better job of focusing on game play and don't get sidetracked on belittling the fans.

Sorry Uakronkid...I posted that information having already looked it up.Once again, NO #5 has ever won the MAC tournament. On a few occassions a #4 has won it, including most recently the 2007 Miami team :wall: .
I don't doubt you. I was basing my comment off of what some OU fans posted.

So VanDelay reports on its blog that all Zips fans are jerks, and then makes up for it by posting in a Zips fans forum that not all Zips fans are jerks?
Factually inaccurate on the quote above.Zips look good tonight, up 29-20 with the ball.
Correct! I exaggerated.But I'm still disappointed that your blog elected only to cover the unexciting comments of Zips fans and not the much more colorful Singletary chants from the Buffalo fans. ;)Thanks for your kind comments about the Zips team. That's what really matters here.