New AD named (Mike Hamrick)

Dr Z

July 20, 2009 @ 01:57 PM The Herald-DispatchHUNTINGTON — Marshall University graduate Mike Hamrick is coming home. Hamrick, 52, was named Monday as the Marshall athletic director, succeeding Bob Marcum who stepped down when his contact expired in June. The native of Elkview, W.Va., played football for the Thundering Herd and was a two-year starter at linebacker (1978-79). Hamrick leaves the University of Nevada Las Vegas where he served as the athletic director since 2003. He was East Carolina’s athletic director from 1995 to 2003 and Arkansas-Little Rock’s athletic director from 1990 to 1995. Hamrick was a 1980 Marshall graduate. He received a master’s from Ohio University in 1981. Hamrick is married to the former Soletta Prino of Huntington. They have three children, twin sons Brett and Justin (21) and daughter Mollie Ann (18). Hamrick has obvious ties to the school and a solid track record. In eight seasons at East Carolina, he oversaw $46 million in facility improvements. Hamrick was hired at UNLV in 2003 and spearheaded $11 million in facility improvements and signed a significant partnership with ISP Sports.a-hamrickpressconf.jpg

This seems like a win-win. Great hire for Marshall getting a hometown boy with a good resume, and now we don't have to worry about competing with them for candidates. I hope we get word soon of a short list.
Believe me, we were never competing with Marshall for an A.D. Good news for Hamrick ... no more money wasted buying shoes.

This seems like a win-win. Great hire for Marshall getting a hometown boy with a good resume, and now we don't have to worry about competing with them for candidates. I hope we get word soon of a short list.
Believe me, we were never competing with Marshall for an A.D. Good news for Hamrick ... no more money wasted buying shoes.
Yeah, I'd like to put faith in the search committee and hope you are right. Maybe if I rephrased that "now we don't have to worry about Marshall wanting to compete with us for candidates!"