new place to watch game

zipseuph

so where is a good place to watch our zippers play away games? the BH lost my money yesterday when the manager changed the audio over to the oswho game. after complaining to the guy about it he said "I'm gonna be changing it back and forth" but never did. insted he just turned around and put on an osu shirt. so where do you all like to go and watch the games? any place that isn't infested with oswho scum?

so where is a good place to watch our zippers play away games? the BH lost my money yesterday when the manager changed the audio over to the oswho game. after complaining to the guy about it he said "I'm gonna be changing it back and forth" but never did. insted he just turned around and put on an osu shirt. so where do you all like to go and watch the games? any place that isn't infested with oswho scum?
I think a few people warned everyone about Barley House. They honestly suck. The OBC (if they have the station) is the only place ive ever been to in Akron besides Tap House that actually puts on the Zips games.

I think a few people warned everyone about Barley House. They honestly suck. The OBC (if they have the station) is the only place ive ever been to in Akron besides Tap House that actually puts on the Zips games.
Why would you even want the sound on? That game was an embarrassment. Do you think Akron is going to GAIN fans by making them watch us get drubbed by a MAC school? Turning the audio off and taking peoples attention away from the game was probably the best thing that could have happened. I had people begging me to change the channel because they thought it was a pee wee team playing.

I doubt if my group will be going back. We were there to watch a Zips game in a Zips atmosphere....in the Zips home town. Instead, I heard the sound of the Suckeyes most of the time I was there, and the Suckeye game on about half of the tv sets. And that game was a blow out too, with very few OSWho fans in the place. I'll be looking for a new place to go as well. I loved the atmosphere in the OBC last season. I hope that comes back.

Just a suggestion, but why doesn't ZNO set up a designated spot for zips gamedays? If everyone shows up at one bar, then you might outnumber the suckeyes.Just a thought.
That's a great idea, no way am i going to the Barley House though. I say the OBC or cleats in Fairlawn (pretty big place, a friendly to Zips fans owner). Any other suggestions?(btw Cleats has these really awesome souvenir glasses right now. They are 3 bucks and you get a beer of your choice in a Pro Football Hall of Fame glass that has a hall of famer on it with his career stats/accomplishments. They are pretty sweet, i got a Barry Sanders one yesterday.)

Just a suggestion, but why doesn't ZNO set up a designated spot for zips gamedays? If everyone shows up at one bar, then you might outnumber the suckeyes.Just a thought.
That's a great idea, no way am i going to the Barley House though. I say the OBC or cleats in Fairlawn (pretty big place, a friendly to Zips fans owner). Any other suggestions?
saddly OBC is no longer there and my inside sorce says they probably will not be opening up another bar. what we need to do is find one place for ALL zips fans insted of getting one for the rowdys one for the oldys and one for ZN I hear that tap house on waterloo has a good following of zips faithfull

I doubt if my group will be going back. We were there to watch a Zips game in a Zips atmosphere....in the Zips home town. Instead, I heard the sound of the Suckeyes most of the time I was there, and the Suckeye game on about half of the tv sets. And that game was a blow out too, with very few OSWho fans in the place. I'll be looking for a new place to go as well. I loved the atmosphere in the OBC last season. I hope that comes back.
I agree with you about OBC last season. Unfortunately, the Verich's have proven to me over and over again that they are really good at brewing beer that I love, but are not very good at all when it comes to running OBC. I VERY MUCH HOPE that things change when/if they move their pub down the street. I want to LOVE OBC, and I do love their beer. Now they need to show me that they can run the entire business as well as they brew beer.STZ

<br />
Just a suggestion, but why doesn't ZNO set up a designated spot for zips gamedays? If everyone shows up at one bar, then you might outnumber the suckeyes.<br /><br />Just a thought.
<br /><br />That's a great idea, no way am i going to the Barley House though. I say the OBC or cleats in Fairlawn (pretty big place, a friendly to Zips fans owner). Any other suggestions?<br />
<br />saddly OBC is no longer there and my inside sorce says they probably will not be opening up another bar. what we need to do is find one place for ALL zips fans insted of getting one for the rowdys one for the oldys and one for ZN I hear that tap house on waterloo has a good following of zips faithfull<br />
<br /><br /><br />Zipseuph, What are you talking about that the OBC may not be opening another bar? I thought they were moving to the Kaiser Building down the street?

<br />
Just a suggestion, but why doesn't ZNO set up a designated spot for zips gamedays? If everyone shows up at one bar, then you might outnumber the suckeyes.<br /><br />Just a thought.
<br /><br />That's a great idea, no way am i going to the Barley House though. I say the OBC or cleats in Fairlawn (pretty big place, a friendly to Zips fans owner). Any other suggestions?<br />
<br />saddly OBC is no longer there and my inside sorce says they probably will not be opening up another bar. what we need to do is find one place for ALL zips fans insted of getting one for the rowdys one for the oldys and one for ZN I hear that tap house on waterloo has a good following of zips faithfull<br />
<br /><br /><br />Zipseuph, What are you talking about that the OBC may not be opening another bar? I thought they were moving to the Kaiser Building down the street?
my friend who worked there said that they were gonna open up a brewr but couldn't see the opening up another bar (she was in there fighting with people to get her paycheck)keep in mind non of this is in stone

I did!

• 2 weeks later...

So for those of you who were curious about whether the Barley House was going to be a good location for Zips gatherings, I offer the following from the OU board:Join the Ohio University Alumni Association, Ohio Bobcat Club, alumni and fans prior to the Ohio vs. Akron game on Saturday, October 10 in Akron, Ohio at 4 p.m. The price of $18/person includes gameday fare, beverages and two beer tickets at the Barley House, located at 222 Main Street in Akron. This event will sell out, so register today by visiting http://www.ohioalumni.org/bobcat-bash; walk-up admission is $20/person. Game time is 6 p.m. at Akron's new football stadium, Summa Field at InfoCision Stadium.

So for those of you who were curious about whether the Barley House was going to be a good location for Zips gatherings, I offer the following from the OU board:Join the Ohio University Alumni Association, Ohio Bobcat Club, alumni and fans prior to the Ohio vs. Akron game on Saturday, October 10 in Akron, Ohio at 4 p.m. The price of $18/person includes gameday fare, beverages and two beer tickets at the Barley House, located at 222 Main Street in Akron. This event will sell out, so register today by visiting http://www.ohioalumni.org/bobcat-bash; walk-up admission is $20/person. Game time is 6 p.m. at Akron's new football stadium, Summa Field at InfoCision Stadium.
LAME...no way am i going anywhere near there. I'll be at Whiskey Dicks prior to the game this week as well as tailgating. Whiskey Dicks has some pretty good beer/liquor deals and they actually seem to somewhat care about Zips athletics so they will get my money, not the crappy BH where Suckeyes fans rule.