Akron Zips All-Decade Team

UAZip0510

It seems as if all of us are a little down, so why not discuss something a little bit more uplifting. Starting with the 2000-2001 season, who would be your 1st and 2nd teams?

My Picks:

1st Team

C/F-Jeremiah Wood

F-Romeo Travis

F-Nate Linhart

G-Nick Dials

G-Dru Joyce

2nd Team

C/F-Matt Futch

F-Chris McKnight

F-Jimmy Conyers

G-Cedrick Middleton

G-Steve McNees

Honorable Mention: Rick McFadden, Rob Preston, Quade Milum

Thoughts?

It seems as if all of us are a little down, so why not discuss something a little bit more uplifting. Starting with the 2000-2001 season, who would be your 1st and 2nd teams?

My Picks:

1st Team

C/F-Jeremiah Wood

F-Romeo Travis

F-Nate Linhart

G-Nick Dials

G-Dru Joyce

2nd Team

C/F-Matt Futch

F-Chris McKnight

F-Jimmy Conyers

G-Nick Dials

G-Steve McNees

Honorable Mention: Cedrick Middleton, Rick McFadden, Rob Preston, Quade Milum

Thoughts?

That Nick Dials guy must have been really something to be in two places at one time. Sure hope the first team does not have to play the second team.

How can you not have Derrick tarver on there? I know he only played 2 season but he averaged over 21 point a game. His teams were no good but it was hardly his fault. I would think Darryl Peterson would have to get some consideration as well.

I think anyone can average 21 points a game when they also average 40 shots, know what I mean Derrick?

How can you not have Derrick tarver on there? I know he only played 2 season but he averaged over 21 point a game. His teams were no good but it was hardly his fault. I would think Darryl Peterson would have to get some consideration as well.

I think anyone can average 21 points a game when they also average 40 shots, know what I mean Derrick?

Derrick Tarver career field goal percentage = 48%.

He'd be welcome to average 40 shots per game if he was going to make 19.

Quade Milum? Seriously?

Not many centers to choose from...

Quade was never a Center here. Jeremiah Wood played the C role for most of the time he was here. He was a PF, and not a very good one at that. He had maybe 3 or 4 good games here his entire career. Beyond that he was the epitome of an athletic kid who lacked anything resembling basketball skills. The poster child for being careful what you wish for when you're looking for the Zips to recruit more athletes. Don't get me wrong, it is great to have some runners and jumpers on the floor, but if they don't know the game they can be a liability.

As far as my team.

First team:

PG-Dru Joyce

SG-Nick Dials

SF-Nate Linhart

PF-Romeo Travis

PF/C-Jeremiah Wood

Second team:

PG-Derrick Tarver

SG-Cedrick Middleton

SF-Rick McFadden

PF-Chris McKnight

PF/C-Rob Preston

Honorable Mentions: Daryl Peterson, Jimmy Conyers

Still too early to tell: Steve McNees, Brett McKnight, Anthony Hitchens, Zeke Marshall

Heck of a lot better looking at an all decade from this decade than it would the 90's.

1st Team:

PG: Rashon Brown

SG: Cedrick Middleton

SF: Nate Linhart

PF: Romeo Travis

PF/C: Jeremiah Wood

2nd Team:

PG: Dru Joyce

SG: Nick Dials

SF: Jimmy Conyers

PF: Chris McKnight

PF/C: Rob Preston

I'm using players that have completed (or nearly completed) their careers @ UA .. so Jimmy & C McK are included, but I gave no consideration to Zips who will or could return next season.