Should Coach Ianello be fired?

bobbyake

Should Coach Ianello be fired?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As painful as this is gonna be, I think we've got to give him more time. I'm torn as for the amount of time, but I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt right now and give him two years....this might change in a few more games. It's becoming obvious that he can't coach, but if he can recruit, does that help us??? I don't know....

As painful as this is gonna be, I think we've got to give him more time. I'm torn as for the amount of time, but I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt right now and give him two years....this might change in a few more games. It's becoming obvious that he can't coach, but if he can recruit, does that help us??? I don't know....

I don't care how good a recruiter you are, you're not going to get any appreciable talent to come here and play for a 0-12 team. I don't know. maybe he's a good head coach but his offensive and defensive coordinators both suck. When they left their respective schools, I saw almost universal joy from those school's fans that they were gone.

This is a silly thread. As hard as the first two games were to watch, the answer is not to fire the coach 2 games into his first season. A poll asking if Ianello will be here after the end of the '12 season would be much more appropriate.

with his first 2 games in the books, I think he's proven that he's not going to be the next Chris Petersen. Isn't that what we all want??? Maybe that's what the poll should be. Do we want Akron to be the next Boise?

In my best Jim Mora impersonation: "What’s that? Ah — Boise? Don’t talk about — Boise? You kidding me? Boise? I just hope we can win a game! ?"

We are on our way to being the next WKU/EMU.

I've been one of those that have been against scheduling games against opponents like PSU for the big pay day but with the coach we have, I'm starting to think it's a good idea. I'd rather see us get a nice pay day and destroyed by Penn State than to have what we had today.

I voted for more time, but we haven't gotton this football thing right since we ran J. Dennison off the reservation, and there is nothing I've heard/seen from a distance to make me think I coach is the answer. But I don't bother listening to the games for any length of time, it's too painful.

Darn glad I got soccer tix.

Two more years? How much damage do these two clowns (Wistrcrap and Icantwinoh) need to do

before the football program is knocked back into division-II?

Its time to fire the carpetbaggers and hire men (yes, I said MEN) who love Akron and also possess

the requisite experience to be an Athletic Director and a Division I-A head football coach.

0-12 is a genuine possibility. The table is now set.

Quick decisive action by the University president is needed immediately. It wont happen. That sucks.

Two more years? How much damage do these two clowns (Wistrcrap and Icantwinoh) need to do

before the football program is knocked back into division-II?

Its time to fire the carpetbaggers and hire men (yes, I said MEN) who love Akron and also possess

the requisite experience to be an Athletic Director and a Division I-A head football coach.

0-12 is a genuine possibility. The table is now set.

Quick decisive action by the University president is needed immediately. It wont happen. That sucks.

Honestly, regardess of what we do with RI at this point, TW has got to go. Everything in our athletic department right now reeks of incompetance and mediocrity, and he really shit the bed with the RI hiring. We need a man running this ship that demands excellence the way Mike Thomas did, not some jackoff who goes and hugs his coach and laughs it up after we just suffered the most humiliating defeat in school history.

In other news, Paul Winters won 62-14 today. You want to talk about a man who loves this school and bleeds blue and gold.....

But hey, Rob Ianello can recruit.

Give the guy time. He was left with a program in horrific shape. You guys always seem positive, therefore just stick with this guy. Brookhart destroyed your program and it will take 2-4 years to rebuild it. How can you fire a guy when most of the players are from the previous coach. Let him get his own recruits at least!

Fire a coach after 2 games? Get real! The BIG money schools don't even do that.

You're right, they fire coaches that have been there for over a decade and won multiple conference championships and a national championship when shit like this happens. It's a lot easier to fire the slapdick who has been here f-ing things up for a couple months in my opinion.

Give the guy time. He was left with a program in horrific shape. You guys always seem positive, therefore just stick with this guy. Brookhart destroyed your program and it will take 2-4 years to rebuild it. How can you fire a guy when most of the players are from the previous coach. Let him get his own recruits at least!

That's simply not true. Brookhart left the team with as much talent as we've had in the past decade. We're not in horrible shape, at least we weren't until the Rob Ianello tornado of incompetance came spinning its way into town. This team has the talent to play for a conference championship, but with this career loser position coach running things, we'll be lucky to win a conference game.

That's simply not true. Brookhart left the team with as much talent as we've had in the past decade. We're not in horrible shape, at least we weren't until the Rob Ianello tornado of incompetance came spinning its way into town. This team has the talent to play for a conference championship, but with this career loser position coach running things, we'll be lucky to win a conference game.

Remember I am not an Akron fan.. I am an outsider looking in. You may not think your program is not in horrible shape, but it is. You have the best facilities in the MAC, yet you are the worst program in the MAC, at least one can argue that. Your previous coaching staff had a chance to recruit SOLID players to Akron when they were building that stadium, but they failed miserably at it.

Let Ianello get some recruits here, and if he fails, then his time is up.

equins, sorry, pal. you just do not get it.

For six years the Zips suffered with an inept, unqualified coach. Now, thanks to a "buddy" system,

Wistrcrap hires his own inexperienced, inept coach. Waiting another six years, or even two years will

kill Akron football.

the hemorrhaging has to stop now.

I think the fund solicitors now understand why I and many others did not renew our season tickets,

and refuse to contribute other monies.

Remember I am not an Akron fan.. I am an outsider looking in. You may not think your program is not in horrible shape, but it is. You have the best facilities in the MAC, yet you are the worst program in the MAC, at least one can argue that. Your previous coaching staff had a chance to recruit SOLID players to Akron when they were building that stadium, but they failed miserably at it.

Can you help me understand why you post here so much if you're not an Akron fan? Does Youngstown State not have a fan forum?

Can you help me understand why you post here so much if you're not an Akron fan? Does Youngstown State not have a fan forum?

We already won today, 31-7, in front of 18,025 fans at Stambaugh.. Not too much to talk about my friend. However I wanted to come here and at least defend your coach. You guys are nuts if you want him fired after two games. Few of you realized how bad your program became under Brookhart... now that you see it, you want Ianello's head...

We already won today, 31-7, in front of 18,025 fans at Stambaugh.. Not too much to talk about my friend. However I wanted to come here and at least defend your coach. You guys are nuts if you want him fired after two games. Few of you realized how bad your program became under Brookhart... now that you see it, you want Ianello's head...

Well, let me be the first to thank you for enlightening us. :moon:

Brookhart never lost to a FCS team. Brookhart won two games against BCS teams.

If Brookhart could beat Morgan State 41-0 with the same players that Ianello lost to GW with, who is the better coach?

Fire a coach after 2 games? Get real! The BIG money schools don't even do that.

You're right, they fire coaches that have been there for over a decade and won multiple conference championships and a national championship when shit like this happens. It's a lot easier to fire the slapdick who has been here f-ing things up for a couple months in my opinion.

It might be easier, but the reality is Akron has a much tighter budget than those national championship schools.

For six years the Zips suffered with an inept, unqualified coach. Now, thanks to a "buddy" system,

Wistrcrap hires his own inexperienced, inept coach. Waiting another six years, or even two years will

kill Akron football.

the hemorrhaging has to stop now.

I think the fund solicitors now understand why I and many others did not renew our season tickets,

and refuse to contribute other monies.

Will it kill Akron Football? No one knows, however, I said another thread that "it starts at the top." That means you Mr. Luis M. Proenza. The one thing you don't have is time anymore waiting for an new stadium. Bad decisions are bad decisions. Will coach I pan out? I might be better off asking the 8Ball vs. a Crystal Ball right now.

All I ask is to be at least look like a football program moving in the right direction. Mr Proenza, what is more inportant: Having a money generating program in football that everyone wants to watch, or have Fotbol as you bread an butter that wins with all the suport in the world. You can have both!

What do you guys think? Do you see better days with this coach? Is he a good investment? or is he a mistake that needs fixed?

I think he should focus more on the simple things like.. Well special teams, and offense.

Our defense can't do everything, and seem to get more yards than the offense.

Our special teams could use a lot of work (like preventing a blocked extra point)

I don't know if it's all the coaches fault though, maybe we need better recruiting.

Well let's just hope we can win a game before we play at Can't state.

That way we don't look like total losers lol.

Word man.