Detroit what?

G-FORCE

NIU has historically been a poor road team and I am hoping that form holds true in Detroit. I look for a real good game.

For the record, in the past four seasons NIU is 13-3 in road games against MAC opponents. Of course one of the three losses is to the Zips.

Looking forward to a great game on Thursday.

NIU has historically been a poor road team and I am hoping that form holds true in Detroit.  I look for a real good game.

For the record, in the past four seasons NIU is 13-3 in road games against MAC opponents. Of course one of the three losses is to the Zips.

I should have said, "games that matter". Losing important games seems to be one of the biggest traditions NIU has. :gun::gun::gun::gun:

NIU has historically been a poor road team and I am hoping that form holds true in Detroit.  I look for a real good game.

I should have said, "games that matter". Losing important games seems to be one of the biggest traditions NIU has. :gun::gun::gun::gun:

True, in the three years prior to this season we couldn't get past Toledo in must-win games, be they on the road or at home. However, when faced with elimination from the West race the past three games, we have won every time, and twice on the road.

The game on Thursday should be a good one. You guys really played well against us in the first game. If you hadn't become so conservative offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter, we wouldn't have caught you at the end to force OT. Biggs is a darn good back, and Hixson will cause our secondary alot of trouble. The key for NIU will be to get pressure on your QB. For the Zips, if you can hold Wolfe to 50 yards rushing again, you will win. However, I do think the NIU will more patient and not give up on the run game as early as we did in the first meeting.

It will be tough.

For them. All of the pressure this Thursday is going to be on NIU. Akron can come into this game relaxed, focused and ready to do their best. Akron knows it can beat NIU because it has already this season.

NIU needs to win to prove they can win the big game. The more you lose the big game, the more difficult it becomes to win one. Just ask Bill Cowher of my beloved Steelers.

There is also pressure on NIU to win a game for their coach before the nursing home stops letting him out to attend games.

Believe me Zipsnation friends, all the pressurer is on NIU this week.

As Ronald Regan used to say, "there he goes again"...............

GP, Coach Novak is the best coach in the MAC. He took the worst team and made it the best team over the past several years.

He's a great coach, and an outstanding Gentleman. I've had the priviledge of meeting him, and am proud to have made his acquaintance.

He's from NE Ohio, and proudly proclaims it as the area where the finest FB is played at the HS level anywhere in the US.

Stuff your cheap shot................at him personally...............up your a$$.

Win or lose, you will always the biggest AH on the board to me.

There is also pressure on NIU to win a game for their coach before the nursing home stops letting him out to attend games.

Believe me Zipsnation friends, all the pressurer is on NIU this week.

Very classy man.

BTW, we still can get a bowl game if we lose, you can't.

We have no more pressure to win the game than you do. I believe this game will be very different than our first meeting (which I was at).

See you on Thursday.

As Ronald Regan used to say, "there he goes again"...............

GP, Coach Novak is the best coach in the MAC. He took the worst team and made it the best team over the past several years.

He's a great coach, and an outstanding Gentleman. I've had the priviledge of meeting him, and am proud to have made his acquaintance.

He's from NE Ohio, and proudly proclaims it as the area where the finest FB is played at the HS level anywhere in the US.

Stuff your cheap shot................at him personally...............up your a$$.

Hats off to you man. :bow:

Very true

We have no more pressure to win the game than you do.  I believe this game will be very different than our first meeting (which I was at).

Bullsh*t. A Northern loss in this matchup would be devastating especially since you guys finally got to the MAC title game.

Z-P, JD Brookhart is the best coach in the MAC. He took one of the least talented teams in the MAC East and won the division...........I must say, you are one Hell of a judge of talent you bitter old jackass. Have fun rooting for your favorite northeast Ohio coach as he takes the field Thursday for NIU.

Very true

We have no more pressure to win the game than you do.  I believe this game will be very different than our first meeting (which I was at).

Bullsh*t. A Northern loss in this matchup would be devastating especially since you guys finally got to the MAC title game.

And the last time you have been to the MAC title game?