Improving the "In-Game" Experience

UAZip0510

We've discussed this in a few different threads but I figured we could throw all of our ideas in to one...who knows, maybe someone from the athletic department will notice.

A few of my ideas to get things going:

- Have a game "host"...a student did a great job in this role two years ago, but then they went away from it. We have a ton of charismatic, entertaining young people going to this university...find one who can lead games/contests, read promos/information, and get the crowd going when needed.

- Zips Trivia - Pretty simple...ask a Zips trivia question, and if the person gets it right they get a prize.

- Zips "Magic Moments" - Have a spot where pictures and/or video from great past moments in Zips history are shown...show off our tradition.

- Student Athlete Spotlight - Focus on one of our players and tell us what they're like off the court...Major, interests, etc. Let the crowd get to know these guys.

- Player Questions - Give the players a trivia question, make them do a specific impression, have them sing or dance...the Cavaliers of the last 7 years (and even today) were/are popular not just because they were good, but because you could tell they were having fun. Smiles and infectious.

- Zips in the Community - Our players do great things in the community...SHOW IT!

- Better Introduction - The current one doesn't pump up the crowd or the players very much

- Promotions - If the Akron Aeros and Lake County Captains can do this successfully, so can the Zips. Dollar hot dog night was a good start (although a limit per purchase is needed next time). Free t-shirts is always a winner (they used to do this...I have about 5 "Zips Zone" shirts). A bobblehead night would be cool too.

- Post-Game Free Throws for Kids - I'm sure kids would love this...and if the kids have a good time, the parents will probably bring them back.