BARLEY HOUSE COLLEGE CUP WATCH PARTY!

HEY ZIPS FANS, COME JOIN US AT THE BARLEY HOUSE FRIDAY NIGHT IN DOWNTOWN AKRON TO WATCH YOUR AKRON ZIPS TAKE ON THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN THE 2010 COLLEGE CUP SEMIFINAL. THE GAME IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN AT 11 P.M. AND WILL BE BROADCAST IN HD ON ESPN2. EVERY TV WILL HAVE THE GAME ON WITH AUDIO PLAYED OVER THE LOUD SPEAKER!

-SPECIALS INCLUDE $2.50 16oz BUD LIGHT CANS AND $3.00 ZIPPY BOMBS!

-THE KITCHEN WILL BE OPEN 1 HOUR LATER TILL 1 A.M.!

COME HELP CHEER ON THE ZIPS AS THEY BRING HOME A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

SHOW UP EARLIER TO WATCH THE FIRST SEMIFINAL MATCH BETWEEN LOUISVILLE VS. NORTH CAROLINA AT 8:30!

GO ZIPS!!!

Very tempting but I'm a craft beer drinker. Is Thirsty Dog Christmas Ale on tap????

Barley House should have a few local brews on tap. I went Saturday before the soccer game for a bit as they were the only place that had X-mas Ale on tap, so they should at least still have that and probably GL Dortmunder.

Very tempting but I'm a craft beer drinker. Is Thirsty Dog Christmas Ale on tap????

Barley House should have a few local brews on tap. I went Saturday before the soccer game for a bit as they were the only place that had X-mas Ale on tap, so they should at least still have that and probably GL Dortmunder.

Barley House used to have Roo Brew on tap earlier this summer. I haven't been there since so I really don't know if they still offer it. As far as Thirsty Dog's "12 Dogs of Christmas" goes, I have no idea. I haven't even been able to find it in stores. I saw some stocked at the grocery store almost 2 months ago and now I regret not grabbing it, haha. (I'm a craft beer kind of person too).

If I end up heading to a bar to watch, it will probably be Tap House. I'm skeptical about Barleys as a good place to watch Zips games.

No dj's playing annoying music?

The entire staff wont be wearing buckeyes gear?

There wont be a giant blow up Brutus?

This is what I was thinking. If Cowlumbus State had a football game on that night, I doubt this would have happened. I've had to beg to get "our local D-1A college" games turned on in this place before, and now this?

But since most of the OSWho fans are bandwagoners, they'll be showing up for this soccer game and saying that they've been Zips fans their whole lives.

Not a fan of Great Lakes or their Christmas Ale.

Roo Brew is the same as the Labrador Lager, which is amazing!!

Barley House used to have Roo Brew on tap earlier this summer. I haven't been there since so I really don't know if they still offer it. As far as Thirsty Dog's "12 Dogs of Christmas" goes, I have no idea. I haven't even been able to find it in stores. I saw some stocked at the grocery store almost 2 months ago and now I regret not grabbing it, haha. (I'm a craft beer kind of person too).

If I end up heading to a bar to watch, it will probably be Tap House. I'm skeptical about Barleys as a good place to watch Zips games.

The Winking Lizard in Fairlawn has 12 Dogs. Always try ACME when looking for Thirsty Dog, they do a better job than Giant Eagle at getting it.

Welcome to the fourm BarleyZip!!!

Thanks for hosting the soccer watch party.

Gotta ask, anything in the special department for micro/craft/local beer fans?

GO ZIPS

HEY ZIPS FANS, COME JOIN US AT THE BARLEY HOUSE FRIDAY NIGHT IN DOWNTOWN AKRON TO WATCH YOUR AKRON ZIPS TAKE ON THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN THE 2010 COLLEGE CUP SEMIFINAL. THE GAME IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN AT 11 P.M. AND WILL BE BROADCAST IN HD ON ESPN2. EVERY TV WILL HAVE THE GAME ON WITH AUDIO PLAYED OVER THE LOUD SPEAKER!

-SPECIALS INCLUDE $2.50 16oz BUD LIGHT CANS AND $3.00 ZIPPY BOMBS!

-THE KITCHEN WILL BE OPEN 1 HOUR LATER TILL 1 A.M.!

COME HELP CHEER ON THE ZIPS AS THEY BRING HOME A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

SHOW UP EARLIER TO WATCH THE FIRST SEMIFINAL MATCH BETWEEN LOUISVILLE VS. NORTH CAROLINA AT 8:30!

GO ZIPS!!!

Amazing how the Barley House can give the people on this board the finger with their OSU outfitted wait staff -- Brutus the Buckeye blow up (or whatever) there real lack of committment to the Zips then come on here and everyone is on board.

I said it before -- I tried to go to the Barley House prior to the home opener this year. The place was understaffed 2 hours before kick-off -- there were plenty of open tables yet 30 or 40 of us waiting to be seated in the door way. My family walked down to Brubakers where they were all dressed in Akron gear, had Akron cups and beer specials and more than happy to take care of me and my family quickly.

Barley House doesn't care about the Zips -- they simply know the Buckeyes aren't on TV Friday night. My guess is there will be a DJ -- you won't be able to hear the game and I'll look forward to hearing everyone bitch Saturday.

From the Barley House website menu:

BOTTLED BEER

Amber Bock

Amstel Light

Boddington’s

Bud Light

Bud Light Lime

Budweiser

Bud Light Golden Wheat

Bud Select 55

Coors Light

Dos Equis

Dos Equis Amber

Goose Island IPA

Goose Island Summer Kolsch

Great Lakes Dortmunder

Great Lakes Eliot Ness

Heineken

Heineken Light

Hoegaarden

Honey Brown

Labatt Blue

Labatt Blue Light

Landshark Lager

Leinenkugal Berry Weiss

Leinenkugal Sunset Wheat

MGD

MGD 64

Michelob ULTRA

Miller Chill

Miller Lite

Molson Canadian

New Castle

O’Doul’s

Old Speckled Hen

Rolling Rock

Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams Light

Strongbow Hard Cider

Stella Artois

Wild Blue

Woodchuck Cider

DRAFT BEER

Magic Hat #9

Bass

Black & Gold

Black & Tan

Black & Red

Blacksmith

Blue Moon

Bud Light

Shiner bock Oktoberfest

Budweiser

Coors Light

Goose Island IPA

Goose Island 312

Great Lakes Dortmunder

Great Lakes Xmas Ale

Guinness

Half & Half

Half Moon

Harp

Killian’s Irish Red

Labatt Blue

Jacks Pumpkin Spice

Magner’s Irish Cider

Miller Lite

Molson Canadian

New Castle

Sam Adams

Sam Adams Winter Lager

Smithwick’s

MALT BEVERAGES

Smirnoff Ice

Smirnoff Blueberry Lemonade

Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple

Smirnoff Twisted Raspberry

Magic Hat #9

Sierra Nevada

Great Lakes Dortmunder

Great Lakes Seasonal

Great Lakes Eliot Ness

Mike’s Hard Lemonade

Mike’s Hard Mango Punch

Four Loko Fruit Punch

Four Loko Cranberry Lemonade

Four Loko Lemon Lime

The Tap House has supported the Rowdies, so I will probably go there to see if the match is on, if not, I head south to home where I KNOW the game will be

on, but, come to think of it, if there is no statement from Randy, I'll just stay home! Anytime I've been to the BH, I see OSWho gear being worn.

We certainly are a bunch of whiners on here, arent we? Quit complaining about past Suckeye experiences, come to the official watch party with your fellow Zip faithful and enjoy the game and some drinks. You're not going to be eating at 11pm anyways, right? That would be unhealthy :D

The Tap House has supported the Rowdies, so I will probably go there to see if the match is on, if not, I head south to home where I KNOW the game will be

on, but, come to think of it, if there is no statement from Randy, I'll just stay home! Anytime I've been to the BH, I see OSWho gear being worn.

Tap House DEFINITELY has the game on. They even have a facebook event touting a watch party.

COME WATCH SOME FOOTBALL AND WATCH THE ZIPS WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. ALL ROWDIES WHO CANNOT MAKE IT OUT TO SANTA BARBARA WILL RECIEVE SPECIAL PRICING ON FOOD AND BEVERAGES.

THE GAME WILL BE SHOWN ON THE BIG SCREEN AND THE PULL DOWN SCREEN. AS YOU ALL KNOW, WE KNOW WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT SOCCER. E I E I E I O---TO THE COLLEGE CUP WE GO, WHEN WE WIN THE COLLEGE CUP, THIS IS WHAT WE'LL SING. WE ARE SOCCER, WE ARE SOCCER, WE ARE SOCCER KINGS!!!!!!

Tap House Event Link

I will be watching the game Friday from home. But, I plan on stopping at the Thirsty Dog Brewery tomorrow after work on get a couple of growlers and we will be inviting some of the neighbors to the house. But the DW & I plan on being at the Barley House early on Sunday.

Gooooooo Zips! :NCAAC:

We certainly are a bunch of whiners on here, arent we? Quit complaining about past Suckeye experiences, come to the official watch party with your fellow Zip faithful and enjoy the game and some drinks. You're not going to be eating at 11pm anyways, right? That would be unhealthy :D

About time we see some positivity from the ultimate bitterman.

"If I can change, and you can change...We can all change" - Rocky 2010 Boxing HOF inductee.

See you there, go zips.

About time we see some positivity from the ultimate bitterman.

"If I can change, and you can change...We can all change" - Rocky 2010 Boxing HOF inductee.

See you there, go zips.

Did I just get smack talked by the new guy? Welcome aboard. :lol:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE BARLEY HOUSE!

THANKS FOR POSTING OUR DRINK MENU!

AKRON/MICHIGAN GETS THE LATE START AT 11 P.M. SO COME DOWN AND PRE-GAME WITH US EARLIER AND WATCH THE NORTH CAROLINA/LOUISVILLE MATCH AT 8:30!

ONLY GAME AUDIO WILL BE PLAYED FROM OUR LOUD SPEAKERS THROUGHOUT THE MATCH.

GO ZIPS!!!

Would you all like some cheese with that whine? Come on. These places are going out of their way to accommodate Zips fans and all everyone does is complain about it. You talk about needing to show establishments that the Zips need to be taken seriously, and here is a golden opportunity and all anyone talks about is how it's not good enough and they won't go. How are these places supposed to believe that doing business with akron fans is worth it?