More "New Stadium Talk"

Ryno aka Menace

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The University of Central Florida is set to build a $51 million stadium for its vastly improved football team.

The school's board of trustees on Wednesday approved a financial plan for the 45,000-seat stadium, which could open for the 2007 football season.

The Golden Knights have made the second-biggest turnaround in NCAA history. They went from 0-11 last season to 8-4, playing for the Conference USA championship and going to a bowl for the first time. UCF will play Nevada on Dec. 24 in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2260154

I have heard speculation about where the new stadium could be...by the Polsky building, Lee Jackson, Central Hower, etc. Has anyone heard about the estimated costs and seating capacity?

And do you think when Akron wins this bowl game it will spark another push for a new stadium?

I think we would benefit by placing the stadium as close to Main St. as possible, but my heart says it will be located next to the fieldhouse tio make use of the locker-room facilities :macc: .

A 45,000 seat stadium sounds good to me, as long as it doesn't end up looking like Dix.

:screwks: