New A.D. Plans

a-zip

Announcement would you like to hear 1st  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you really want to get picky the 2003 team only won 5 games against 1-A teams. Cal Poly and Howard cannot be counted as these were not 1-A teams.  Also, Lee Owens teams lost to 1-AA teams in 2000 (UConn) and 1995 (YSU). Owens had only one winning season against 1-A competition, which was in 1999 when the Zips went 7-4.  I know because I was a senior on that team (96-97-98-99) and believe me we took over the squad and won in spite of some of the lame calls that were being made. Big George and my boys got things done, especially at Navy. Once the Class of 2000 left it was downhill all the way because no one could stand the lack of discipline on the teams.  Owens all time record against 1-AA teams was 3-2.  He belongs at d2 and was never mentally equipped to be a 1-A coach.
You sound pretty bitter. Which is understandable. You were never that good. Don't blame your own lack of talent on the coaching staff. That's just pathetic.
Great blast ITZ! That's the stuff that makes boards great. However, the personal blast at Owens aside, the facts are the facts.
I would normally refrain from such things and I do realize Owens wasn't the greatest thing to ever hit college football, but this guy is bringing personal bs he had against him onto this board and it had nothing to do with Owen's abilities and everything to do with his own, or lack thereof. Pathetic.