Mac players in NFL Championship weekend

Dr Z

Congrats to JT and his big upset yesterday and his four tackles.

I remember the Hard Knocks episode that he stated he specifically signed with the Jets to get to the SB.

I know a lot of players say this, but he is one game from doing it.

He also gave some good advice that Sanchez followed.

Anybody name other Mac players trying to get to the SB next weekend other than Ben?

Did any Mac player make a bigger play this weekend than the Central Michigan receiver?

PJEDVEUFIGCUXQH.20080829171317.jpg

(1) Jason Taylor is the only Mac player on the Jets.

(9) Atari Bigby, Diyral Briggs, Tom Crabtree, Josh Gordy, Cullen Jenkins, Greg Jennings, TJ Lang, James Starks and Frank Zombo represent the Mac for the Green Bay Packers.

(3) Brad Maynard, Chester Taylor, and Garret Wolf play for da Bears.

(7) Charlie Batch, Antonio Brown, James Harrison, Byron Leftwich, Doug Legursky, Ben Roethlisberger and Shaun Suisham represent the Mac for the Steelers.

Did I miss any, or make a mistake?

Other than Ben (kind of obvious), this Canadian born Mac-man is my pick for, it may come down to this

guy making a play that effects the game the most...say around 10:30 on Sunday night. Stay tuned....

ShaunSuisham09.jpg

U@B's James Starks could still play an important roll against the Bears.

Lol He played a huge role!!! How could anybody forget his performance. Good for him and all other past MAC players in the NFL

I wrote this considering his more limited role against the Falcons after he had chewed up Tampa Bay in the prior game. You’re right, I expect him to be a huge factor as to whether the Pack can get past the Bears. I think they can.

I think you got them all, Dr Z. One thing that stands out to me is just how loaded CMU has been over the last few years. Sure LeFevour had a lot to do with their success, but he obviously had PLENTY of help (more, in retrospect, than I realized at the time).

(1) Jason Taylor is the only Mac player on the Jets.

(9) Atari Bigby, Diyral Briggs, Tom Crabtree, Josh Gordy, Cullen Jenkins, Greg Jennings, TJ Lang, James Starks and Frank Zombo represent the Mac for the Green Bay Packers.

(3) Brad Maynard, Chester Taylor, and Garret Wolf play for da Bears.

(7) Charlie Batch, Antonio Brown, James Harrison, Byron Leftwich, Doug Legursky, Ben Roethlisberger and Shaun Suisham represent the Mac for the Steelers.

Other than Ben (kind of obvious), this Canadian born Mac-man is my pick for, it may come down to this

guy making a play that effects the game the most...say around 10:30 on Sunday night. Stay tuned....

ShaunSuisham09.jpg

I wouldn't count Legursky since he played at Marshall after they left the MAC (and Briggs is close at UCF so I'm not sure there), but the thing I think is impressive is that 10 current MAC schools are represented plus Marshall (and maybe UCF). The only schools not to have a player on any of the four rosters are Temple, Ball State and Ohio.

(1) Jason Taylor

(9) Atari Bigby, Diyral Briggs, Tom Crabtree, Josh Gordy, Cullen Jenkins, Greg Jennings, TJ Lang, James Starks and Frank Zombo

(3) Brad Maynard, Chester Taylor, and Garret Wolf

(7) Charlie Batch, Antonio Brown, James Harrison, Byron Leftwich, Doug Legursky, Ben Roethlisberger and Shaun Suisham

I wouldn't count Legursky since he played at Marshall after they left the MAC (and Briggs is close at UCF so I'm not sure there), but the thing I think is impressive is that 10 current MAC schools are represented plus Marshall (and maybe UCF). The only schools not to have a player on any of the four rosters are Temple, Ball State and Ohio.

Brad Maynard punted for Testicle Tech a few centuries ago :D

(1) Jason Taylor

(9) Atari Bigby, Diyral Briggs, Tom Crabtree, Josh Gordy, Cullen Jenkins, Greg Jennings, TJ Lang, James Starks and Frank Zombo

(3) Brad Maynard, Chester Taylor, and Garret Wolf

(7) Charlie Batch, Antonio Brown, James Harrison, Byron Leftwich, Doug Legursky, Ben Roethlisberger and Shaun Suisham

Brad Maynard punted for Testicle Tech a few centuries ago :D

Had Ball State joined the MAC yet? :lol: So thats 11 out of 13 current members then.

Legursky played one year in the Mac and was recruited while Marshall was in the Mac, so I counted him. You can discount him if you like. Briggs played at Bowling Green, if you are referring to Bigsby at UCF, yes he played in the MAC and was all Mac in 2002 and 03. Maynard was all Mac at Ball State '94, '95 and '96!

Side note: Two of those I mentioned weren't born in this country. Mac recruiting...it's a chore.

Jason Taylor picks himself to win on CBS Show?, Marino continues to clear up why he doesn't have a ring on his finger.

jtoncbs.jpg

PS While he was in studio I hope JT got to ask Cowher the same question I got to ask him back in '97 "Did you even consider drafting Jason Taylor?"

Turns out if Cowher traded his whole draft that year for JT it would have been a better draft class. No wonder Cowher got Tom Donahoe fired!