The MAC In The NCAA Tournament

GP1

I'm watching the CSU vs. Butler game right now. The talking head from ESPN said the Horizon League is the only league in the past six years, outside of the "Power Six" leagues to win an NCAA Tournament game. I thought the MAC has won a game in the last six years.?.?.?

If this is true, what does that say about the NCAA Tournament and the idea of expanding the tournament to include every team? You guys know my opinions of the "growers" in college athletics. Most athletic administrators and the people in the NCAA are only qualified to grow weeds. Less teams in the NCAA would be better than more. Even more, if the non power six are this bad, don't let them in.

"But GP1, it would leave out teams like Butler".....I know, it would also not subject the rest of America to watching Duke beat the crap out of NC A&T by 60 in the first game. "But GP1, college athletics are about building character and life lessons"......I'm not sure the kids at NC A&T are learning a very valuable life lesson by losing by 60....or, it isn't a life lesson I would find valuable.

NCAA Tournament wins by Non-AQ Conference teams last year alone (excluding Butler): Xavier (A-10), Murray State (OVC), Northern Iowa (MVC), Ohio (MAC), Cornell (IVY), Gonzaga (WCC), St. Mary's (WCC), Brigham Young (Mountain West), New Mexico (Mountain West), Old Dominion (CAA). The Tournament last year was as good and exciting as its ever been and should be even better with the slight expansion this year.

So, the commentator you heard either has no idea what he is talking about, or you might have just missed some of what he was saying.

What the announcer probably said was that they were the only conference outside of the big six to win a game in every NCAA tournament in the last six years. UW-Milwaukee (with Bruce Pearl as coach) in 2005 and 2006, Cleveland St in 2009 and Butler in 2007,2008 and 2010.

So, the commentator you heard either has no idea what he is talking about, or you might have just missed some of what he was saying.

The commentator was a she. She was very clear. In fact, I jumped off the sofa and posted that post right after she said it.