Akron vs Ohio updates

InTheZone

Ohio wins by 3. Linhart in foul trouble all night. From the sounds of it we got eaten up inside (no real huge surprise there) and we just couldn't get anything to drop from the field. From what I could hear on the crappy 1350AM radio broadcast we were only shooting around 40% for most of the night. I'm not a basketball expert but that don't sound to good.

Expect the Zips to bounce back on Thursday against Miami. Zips just didn't have their game tonight but kept it close with a lot of hard effort. Too bad, we almost stole it at the end if Dru's runners would have went in as they usually do. How many missed easy layups, fumbled good passes for layups, missed wide open three's ? Just wasn't our game. I'm not at all impressed with the kittens, they are very average and will be beaten more then a few times before the year is over. I was expecting quite a bit more from them after last year. Oddly enough, it seems that Can't is the team to worry about. The kittens and their undisciplined play and poor free throw shooting will be their downfall in the end.

You know what, I caught the second half on ONN, and Ohio just plain sucks. I give them no credit at all. We just had an off night tonight and are still the best team in the MAC, no doubt about it. We're going to absolutely eat them alive in the JAR. They could only beat us by 3 on their homecourt when we're having an off night. We'll let their fans enjoy this, because we'll be the ones celebrating in Cleveland. Go Zips!

You know what, I caught the second half on ONN, and Ohio just plain sucks.  I give them no credit at all.  We just had an off night tonight and are still the best team in the MAC, no doubt about it.  We're going to absolutely eat them alive in the JAR.  They could only beat us by 3 on their homecourt when we're having an off night.  We'll let their fans enjoy this, because we'll be the ones celebrating in Cleveland.  Go Zips!
Akron gave everything they had tonight...it simply was not enough. You guys are good, but best team??-not by a loooong shot. OHIO is, has been, and always will be the better team, but you just can't accept it. Akron winning the MAC tourny--forget it. You have no inside game and your shooting is suspect. And if you think Akron played bad tonight, just look at our stats. We had around 50% free throw shooting and 18 turnovers and still won. When we are clicking on all cylinders, we are simply UNBEATABLE!I was looking forward to seeing 100 of your "AK-ROWDIES" tonight, but there was no one in that arena rooting for you guys. The whole bit about busloads of Zips fans coming down was a total lie. :nono: I'm soooooooo looking forward to playing you guys in the JAR so that we can ONCE AGAIN show you where you belong. I'll be ready--will you??WE ARE STILL :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: :macc: OU!!OH YEAH!! :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

Checked out the stats and I think the Zips shot 39% from the field, that's not gonna get it done. Not a huge deal, and while it would have been nice to beat Ohio in their building, we'll get them at home. Off night, the Zips will bounce back against Miami. :cheers:

Im so happy you guys got rid of the walther kid. you couldnt have used him tonight when your 5'10 guards couldnt do anything against athletic players. dials and middleton sucked period.youre telling me you would rather have that kid on your team please. akron is overrated and you guards will be your downfall, your playing a walk on and every guard you have is 5'10 and you lost an all mac feshman team member to the team that beat you tonight. and why doesnt your great coach get the ball to the best player in this league? poor coaching and poor guard play leads to losses in the mac.

Im so happy you guys got rid of the walther kid. you couldnt have used him tonight when your 5'10 guards couldnt do anything against athletic players. dials and middleton sucked period.youre telling me you would rather have that kid on your team please. akron is overrated and you guards will be your downfall, your playing a walk on and every guard you have is 5'10 and you lost an all mac feshman team member to the team that beat you tonight. and why doesnt your great coach get the ball to the best player in this league? poor coaching and poor guard play leads to losses in the mac.
I know, how could we compete with you guys? Plus, you "packed" the Convo. I know many of your posters on Bobkittyoncrack said you'd have 8 or 9 thousand. The announced crowd was less than 6K. Just remember when you said we "suck" so bad, because when you visit our house, we WILL embarrass you. You (barely) protected your house tonight. We will not be so kind. :chair:

notice that i said dials and middleton sucked.your telling me they play good? and why did you copy my post and reply with nothing that i said? i watched it on t.v. and ohios worst crowds are better than your Can't st. games thats how well of supporters you are. where was your 100 little students? didnt see them on the camera tonight. they must have been so rowdie that the camera forgot about them. your all a bunch of jokes oh its okay now that we lost a game? your team folded down the stretch, didnt go to your best player, and remember that last year you thumped ohio down there i recall, wasnt walther your leading scorer? now hes gone and you lose hmmmm. maybe theres something tied into that 1. dials and middleton suck thats what i pick up from seeing a guard playing 30 somethin minutes and getting seven points.middleton gets 5 points in 21 min. and davis, fears, jackson, and green all score more than that. wheres these 2 guards great lockdown defense that they got once walther left? ohio is better than you guys and theyre better than everyone in the league they played bad tonight and still beat you. you guys played pretty darn well except for your shooting guards.

notice that i said dials and middleton sucked.your telling me they play good? and why did you copy my post and reply with nothing that i said? i watched it on t.v. and ohios worst crowds are better than your Can't st. games thats how well of supporters you are. where was your 100 little students? didnt see them on the camera tonight. they must have been so rowdie that the camera forgot about them. your all a bunch of jokes oh its okay now that we lost a game? your team folded down the stretch, didnt go to your best player, and remember that last year you thumped ohio down there i recall, wasnt walther your leading scorer? now hes gone and you lose hmmmm. maybe theres something tied into that 1. dials and middleton suck thats what i pick up from seeing a guard playing 30 somethin minutes and getting seven points.middleton gets 5 points in 21 min. and davis, fears, jackson, and green all score more than that. wheres these 2 guards great lockdown defense that they got once walther left? ohio is better than you guys and theyre better than everyone in the league they played bad tonight and still beat you. you guys played pretty darn well except for your shooting guards.
Why don't you prove your superior Appalachian intellect by writing in complete sentences? Perhaps at OU punctuation is unimportant, and I suppose the McDonald's in Athens may not care, but it would assist you in getting your point across in a more salient fashion to others.And in answer to your statement, you indicated that our team was overrated. If this was (and is) the case, why weren't we blown off the court? In essence, you were almost beaten by an (allegedly) inferior team. You guys played a great game tonight. This statement of respect is directed at the OU team and not you-so don't fall in love with yourself!By the way, suggesting that our coaching is poor is quite laughable. BobCrackKitty posters were ready to run Tim O. out of Athens on a rail for most of last season. :nono: You are "better than anyone in the league", you state? You have a loss in the MAC and so do we. Can't is still undefeated. Let us all see how things wash out after Sunday's games, okay?Good luck the rest of the way. Work on that sentence structure (and spelling, paying particular attention to possessives and contractions) in the meantime, okay? You'll be proud of yourself.

Actually I don't go to Ohio, I go to Bowling Green but the game was on ONN so I was able to see it.Bowling Green sucks and my brother goes to OU so I follow them. Give the ball to your best player instead of having a 5'10 guy shooting floaters in the lane.Thats bad coaching genious.And Ohio did not play good tonight. They had 18 turnovers and missed 11 free throws. Let me guess that means they played well. They spotted you 10 points and you couldn't win.I say overrated because I think Ohio, Miami, and Can't are better than you guys.The east is loaded 4th in this league is good though I really mean that.Yea you will say oh wait miami has 2 losses, yea they do but theyre better than you guys still they lost to Can't tonight.Ohio is definitley more talented than anyone in the league.Your own coach said that so you're going to disagree with him on that 1?Anyways you guys talked about how youre going to beat Ohio like you did last year but then when it happens you go and hide and say it was ok nobody expected you to win. How was my grammar?

Ohio produces good writers. BG? Well...And come now guys, don't be bitter. OU gets no credit? Poor form. We clamped down on you defensively and did not allow you to get the lead back in the second half. We were better tonight.
As I stated, you played a great game tonight. You held serve (and, as the ONN announcers said, the pressure was on you to do just that) and in February, it will be our turn to do so.Thanks for the qualifier that you were better "tonight". Now we'll see how all of us do in the MAC "grind" as the next few weeks unfold.And nothing stated herein negates the fact that your supporter from BG is an imbecile. Go Zips!!

Childish spleen venting.Damning the Zips after a tight three point win at home.Rubbish.It was not Akron's guards or the coach that lost the game.The stats show the problem. Rebounds. To lose by threewhen out rebounded by eleven indicates a team playedreally well except in rebounding the ball.Akron needs a rebounder. A guard (Middleton) had morerebounds than Travis. That indicates that Ohio did anexcellent job of boxing him out. A second post playerwith Travis' athleticism would cure the problem. Alas, hesits. Jerimah Wood is sidelined as the result of a cheapshot put on him by an Ohio player last year.Right now Can't, not Akron, Ohio or Miami is playing thebest ball in the MAC. Be prepared.BTW, for you basketball geniuses, guards slashing into the lane is fine method to score points and get your opponent into foul trouble. Its not a coaching short coming.As for Walther quiting, so what? He will quit on Ohio whenthey need him the most. A champion does not sulk whenfacing competition. A champion thrives on competition.See you in the JAR for the rematch.