Be Happy - Merry Christmas

a-zip

Ok Folks, I have not posted in a while but I have to say I am excited about our future. I have always said hiring and keeping quality coaches are the key. So much bitching about TW but holy shit look at the staff of coaches he has now. He has done this by paying for performance and keeping highly desirable coaches (Porter and Dambrot). Look at last years Capital One Standings. Now we have Terry Bowden for our Football coach. STFU all of you. Support the teams and pay to sit in the seats so we can pay the people.....maybe move in to a bigger conference.

Men's Cup Standings

1 - Auburn (60pts)

1 - Eastern Washington (60pts)

3 - Akron (40pts)

4 - Delaware (36pts)

4 - TCU (36pts)

6 - Oregon (35pts)

7 - Stanford (32pts)

8 - Villanova (30pts)

9 - Appalachian State (24pts)

9 - Louisville (24pts

I don't want to ruin your party, because you make a few good points.

But, I just want to make sure you know something.

Those College Cup points from last year were because of the soccer national championship. We don't have any this year, and likely won't unless something unforseen happens on a national scale in another sport.

The displeasure w/ TW on ZNO illustrates the power of football. Every other sport pales in comparison. Men's soccer (even with a National Championship) pales in comparison. And yes, even men's basketball.

TW utterly destroyed the unprecedented, $65-million, once-in-a-lifetime potential opportunity for momentum the opening of InfoCision Stadium could have given not only Akron football, but the entire university. And now it looks like TW backed into the T-Bow hire. We'll find out more details on Wednesday.

I think the uncertainty around TW's decision-making acumen is warranted.

However, also illustrating the power of football, I think that if details emerge that TW was, in fact, proactive and instrumental in bringing T-Bow to UA, considering the advancements of other athletic programs under TW's watch, TW might go down as one of the best AD's we've ever had.

Ah, the unfathomable power of football.

The displeasure w/ TW on ZNO illustrates the power of football. Every other sport pales in comparison. Men's soccer (even with a National Championship) pales in comparison. And yes, even men's basketball.

TW utterly destroyed the unprecedented, $65-million, once-in-a-lifetime potential opportunity for momentum the opening of InfoCision Stadium could have given not only Akron football, but the entire university. And now it looks like TW backed into the T-Bow hire. We'll find out more details on Wednesday.

I think the uncertainty around TW's decision-making acumen is warranted.

However, also illustrating the power of football, I think that if details emerge that TW was, in fact, proactive and instrumental in bringing T-Bow to UA, considering the advancements of other athletic programs under TW's watch, TW might go down as one of the best AD's we've ever had.

Ah, the unfathomable power of football.

Just because the world works in a certain fashion doesn't mean we have to accept it that way. There is nothing natural about the dominance of political institutions or sporting bodies. We can create and reform the world in any way we see fit -- if we just have a democratic system of political power. Perhaps it's time for #OccupytheAD. :D

Oh, and, yes, ahem...(belated)Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

There was a search committee and paid consultant to help TW. There were 2 other coaches that turned the job down before it was TB's. But if we're winning games in a couple of seasons maybe TW can claim a share of the credit, paint the iCoach episode as a learning/growing experience, and ride off into a 'big school' job.