Ohio Game Prediction Thread

Sloopy

Two tough losses have this team in a spiral. Hard to figure out the rotation these days as deeper in the season the players who used to be offensive thrreats are getting fewer minutes. Dambrodt's doghouse must be getting crowded because all he seems to be doing is gearing all of the minutes around his old high school kids.Drew Joyce is not an offensive threat and is taking a whole lot of pops from way downtown. According to the radio last night one of those shots came from almost 30 feet out. Bad PG night last night and played a ton of minutes. Assists are also down from earlier in the season. Joyce is not big enough to take that kind of physical abuse and could get used bad on Saturday. Ohio has some big, physical guards who took him to task during the last game. Where is Darrel Petersen these days. I remember when he was leading the team in scoring and now he barely gets off the bench.I have a bad feeling this team is going to go in the shitter and lose out. Akron may well be headed for a first round game again after what could be the worst collapse in Akron basketball history.I hope I am wrong but this team is looking bad and sounding bad. If they fall to Ohio I think this team will not win another game all season.

This team is not in a "spiral." This was a road game against one of the best teams in the MAC (who absolutely had to win to keep any realistic hopes of winning the MAC East) and the Zips lost by three. Could they have won if they didn't make certain mistakes? Sure. Is there a team that has ever lost a close game that CAN'T say that? Maybe Georgetown in their loss to Villanova in 83 or whenever is was.Based on the radio play, it sounds like they played pretty well defensively but suffered from some poor shot selection and Joyce trying to do too much. I don't see the being a problem at home or at Quicken and I don't think they are losing to Ohio on Saturday.

Being one of about 6 Ak-rowdies that took the busride down there, I can say that Ohio is a decent team (as evidence in our loss @ the convo). Akron is a good team, still learning how to be great (i'm convinced this will show up either in the tournament or the entirety of next season). Mark this one down: Akron will sweep the remaining THREE regular season games. That being said, here are the predictions for saturday and the other remaining games:2/25 Akron 78, Ohio 653/1 Akron 82, Buffalo 772/4 Akron 68, Can't 63 <--This will be us clinching the regular season championship! :macc: Here's to a great season, a great stretch and tourney run and unstoppable optimism for the class of the MAC, Zips Athletics! :cheers::cheers::screwks::screwks: :macc:

Being one of about 6 Ak-rowdies that took the busride down there, I can say that Ohio is a decent team (as evidence in our loss @ the convo). Akron is a good team, still learning how to be great (i'm convinced this will show up either in the tournament or the entirety of next season). Mark this one down: Akron will sweep the remaining THREE regular season games. That being said, here are the predictions for saturday and the other remaining games:2/25 Akron 78, Ohio 653/1 Akron 82, Buffalo 772/4 Akron 68, Can't 63 <--This will be us clinching the regular season championship! :macc: Here's to a great season, a great stretch and tourney run and unstoppable optimism for the class of the MAC, Zips Athletics! :cheers::cheers::screwks::screwks: :macc:
I would love to agree with you, but beating OU by 13 is extremely unlikely. I'm not one for picking scores but if i had to go with something I say:Akron 68/Ohio 63and i definately think with a big win over OU and Buffalo stumbling through the MAC the Zips are going to wipe the floor with the Bulls. At least ten points probably more like 14 or 16. Which leaves the Can't State golden suck asses. In a big rivalry like this which will most likely decide the regular season MAC championship I'd have to say throw out the records, forget what happened at the m.a.c. center, this game will be a dog fight between two teams that hate each other. My prediction:Akron 73/Can't Read 71oh and :screwks:

Akron's in a tenuous situation right now. They have a BIG game Saturday against an Ohio team that seems to have figured itself out. Then they go to Buffalo. And the Bulls are tough at home and they're bound to have some shots fall into the basket. These last three games will give us a good indication about the toughness of this Zips team.But you need help in winning the East, as the record against Ohio could be the tiebreaker... and Miami swept us.

Mark my words...The Zips will win by at least a ten (10!) on Saturday. That's double digits. 10 points. If they don't, I'll wear my Can't State shirt from the infiltration @ the MAC center to my classes on Monday. OU hasnt "found" anything. They've simply won two games against a bad Buffalo team and a mediocre Samford team at home, and that's after getting schooled by miami and losing @ a bad WMU team. Zips will sweep, including Mar. 4 in the MAC East championship game!And isn't the tiebreaker record vs. division crossover opponents as in football? If that's the case, the Zips have a perfect record...

What makes you think Akron can beat K ent? The Zips are playing scared. I heard they fired up numerous desperation heaves in the final four minutes at Miami. Until Dru and the gang can win a big game without their boy Leebron, forget it! They blow in the clutch. Remember what happened in K ent. Nice second half!!!! In contrast, DeAndre Haynes and the MAC Player of the Week, Jay Youngblood, have been money down the stretch. As usual!!!!Christian 3Damdolt 0

i still dont understand why dp is not playing time. i know he shot 0-3 but still had three rebounds and 1 assist in 7 min. our leading rebounder had 7. we need his scoring since were are getting much out of some other players either. all of a sudden we are spiraling down. give me a break. we lost two road games. one to a top 50 r.p.i. team.it'not like we lost at home to cmu.

OHIO Fan. I like the picture in the signature. It may very well be your house, but you only won 4 games last year and most of all managed 110 total yards and 3 measly points at the Rubber Bowl last year. Hold onto that "Our House" thing too, cuz you were actually above .500 at home at 3-2 with a win over a somewhat mediocre Pitt team. And last year, with that stroke of luck run through the tourney, you're just lucky we choked in our first trip to the Gund. We did beat you by 12 at home and 20 in your "house." The stroke of luck of you not meeting us in the tournament probably outshines the miracle of you winning it. I'm just glad we get to clinch a first round bye after beating you Saturday.And you assholio...I don't want to bring up football cuz it's just not fair. But at least Ohio HAS a football program (you have to defeat a division 1 team to be considered a "program"). Akron is for real, and we know the only way you can get past your insecurities is to come on here and try to bash us in our own forum. Pretty sad really, but it doesnt really matter cuz :screwks: Zips are :macc: in football and basketball. GO ZIPS!

all of a sudden we are spiraling down. give me a break. we lost two road games. one to a top 50 r.p.i. team.it'not like we lost at home to cmu.
I agree. This is an ignorant thread. One loss where we were overmatched by a better top 20 team and the score got ugly and another that could have gone either way. They converted the crucial 3, we did not. Two possessions decided that game. Guess what - both losses were on the road. Now, we come back to the friendly confines of the JAR and our 25-1 record over the past two years and you are jumping off the wagon. :rofl: You gotta be kidding me. At the JAR, we shoot better, defend harder, and opposing teams pay for coming into our house. Why will Saturday be any different ? The Rowdies need to show up and make a statement to the Ozone on how far Akron has come this year and where we are going. BTW - if you're still on the wagon and coming up to speed, the Ozone is the best student section in MAC BB. It's time for the Rowdies to step it up if they are serious. The next several weeks are what college basketball is all about, I can't imagine a better setup in the East to finish off the year. It's going to be a great ride.On a separate note - Congrats to the "Porkies seven" and creators of this board - As we see more trolls and alley can'ts hanging around due to our success, you have done nothing but make every Zips fan proud of what you have created and it only keeps getting better. Coming up on 400 registered.Thanks.

I think Zips win out. Ohio is not as good as advertised and Buffalo is struggling. Playing Can't at home has to be an advantage, so I expect Akron to win there as well.Sadly, a MAC regular season title will not be enough to go dancing in March.

And you assholio...I don't want to bring up football cuz it's just not fair.  But at least Ohio HAS a football program (you have to defeat a division 1 team to be considered a "program").  Akron is for real, and we know the only way you can get past your insecurities is to come on here and try to bash us in our own forum.  Pretty sad really, but it doesnt really matter cuz  :screwks: Zips are  :macc: in football and basketball.  GO ZIPS!
I'm laughing my ass off! I couldn't have said it any better than this. Thanks for making my day RowdyZip!

Hey guys, I'm coming up for the game tomorrow. I'm lookin forward to it. From the sounds of it, there are quite a few of Bobcat fans comin up. The Ak Rowdies better show up so they don't get shown up by the visiting fans on national television. Tomorrow will be a statement game for Ohio to show people that we're back and we're still the #1 team in the MAC.Good luck tomorrow

On a separate note - Congrats to the "Porkies seven" and creators of this board - As we see more trolls and alley can'ts hanging around due to our success, you have done nothing but make every Zips fan proud of what you have created and it only keeps getting better. Coming up on 400 registered.Thanks.
Thanks for that Pouch. We appreciate it.

Ohio comes in on a three game winning streak, Akron on a two game losing streak. And I think people are looking a little bit much into both of these things.If what I read here is true and Akron's guards are starting to wear down, they're going to have a very hard time keeping up with the Bobcats and their uptempo game. However, they should be able to press the advantage inside and win the battle on the boards.Ohio is playing much better than they were during a stretch of bad losses to Can't and Miami, but is it enough? I'm not so sure. And how will Akron respond being on national television? I was at US Bank Arena for the game against Kentucky, and it was obvious the boys tightened up late with the spotlight on them.I'm excited for this (I'm making the drive up) and expect a match similar to the one I witnessed Jan 26- physical, emotional, and very close. However, Akron should be the winners in this one in a tough game getting a win they very much need. For Ohio, on the other hand, having a good showing in this game is going to be good enough to show they can hang with the top competition in the conference and make a run in Cleveland.And so you know, the OZone is coming, so don't be surprised to see green.

The biggest problem that Akron has is getting past Dambrot's inability to manage his lineups. He loves Dru Joyce so much that he will not sit him down, even when the team is up. This team is a wreck strength wise and cannot keep up with bigger faster teams. I think today is going to be a telling sign for Akron and will end with a double-digit loss. From what I hear there are some major chemistry issues with this team off the court and that more than anything else will choke out the season prematurely.

The biggest problem that Akron has is getting past Dambrot's inability to manage his lineups.  He loves Dru Joyce so much that he will not sit him down, even when the team is up.  This team is a wreck strength wise and cannot keep up with bigger faster teams.  I think today is going to be a telling sign for Akron and will end with a double-digit loss.  From what I hear there are some major chemistry issues with this team off the court and that more than anything else will choke out the season prematurely.
Sounds to me like you have an ax to grind with KD - everyone has an opinion. No one has indicated past Bubba that this team has had or has any internal issues. I know ZW, CK, I and others watched a very good team in the late 90's be destroyed by in fighting and it was not pretty. I wouldn't start such general BS rumors that you cannot finish. I personally think you are full of it from what I have seen and heard.19-7 after all of the obstacles is pretty damn good.Just my two cents........