note from the AD

mivid12

YOUR QUESTION or COMMENT

just an fyi...the video feed for the basketball games has been crap all year. very choppy, stop & start feed....very irritating...last night vs buffalo was unwatchable...zipsnation has a thread on it...c'mon...akron is better than that

Michael:

Thanks for the note and for drawing my attention to this matter. I have not heard near as many complaints this year as last, so I assumed it was better. I’ve copied our media staff on this note so they can look into it.

We appreciate your support.

Go Zips!

Tom

The games I've been home to stream, I've had no problems with the video...and Alaska has terrible internet speed. Audio not being turned on is another matter.

That is the only issue I noticed, not turning Frenchy back on right away after timeouts!

Absolute download speed is not always a good indicator of whether or not one is going to get a choppy webcast. Internet traffic can cause intermittent problems even with the highest download speeds.

I recall reading a recent article about streaming movies now taking up close to half of all internet bandwidth, with Netflix alone taking up to 32 percent of peak downstream traffic, and movie streaming is at its heaviest in the evening when we're trying to watch streaming video of Zips games.

I just popped to have my DSL internet speed doubled, and it's still choppy at times. The increasing use of streaming movies is starting to put a strain on the existing internet infrastructure.

Time warner dl 10.53 ul 1.92

I didn't get more than 5 seconds in a row without a skip

Time Warner 8.5 DL 1.9 UL

Speeds aren't my problem.

I have trouble streaming games sometimes. Usually, it's just home games. That might just be my imagination though. I'll post my results for tonight's game.