New Troll Alert

GoZips

Here is a fresh post by one MSOPHER (who pretends to be a Zips fan). This post is in the thread "MAC West Champions"."Assuming we beat BG, we'll see you guys in Cleveland. I'll still don't think this team will put it all together for the tournament, but maybe this is they year that Joplin finally wins a MAC crown. _________________I consider Akron fans to be more idiotic than Huskies fans or even Marshall fans."

I'm here to say you guys need to lay off msopher ... take some time to read his posts.Dude's a Rocket grad .. has legitimate reasons for UT fandom. Dude's a UA student now .. has legitimate reasons for UA fandom.msopher is NOT TrolledoRockets .. careful with the wide brush strokes fellas.Go Zips!

I'm here to say you guys need to lay off msopher ... take some time to read his posts.Dude's a Rocket grad .. has legitimate reasons for UT fandom. Dude's a UA student now .. has legitimate reasons for UA fandom.msopher is NOT TrolledoRockets .. careful with the wide brush strokes fellas.Go Zips!
Dude, you're exactly right, but the Zips fans here have legitimate reasons to hate me. As long as no one gets personally offended, I say let's keep it going. :thumb:

Dude, you're exactly right, but the Zips fans here have legitimate reasons to hate me. As long as no one gets personally offended, I say let's keep it going.
You offend me as a UA student. Needed a real degree to get a good job so you came o UA. That's the only smart thing you've done.

I just don't like for people from other schools pimping their schools and kicking on Akron on OUR board. I don't do it on their boards. As far as that MAC board goes, I have no problem with him saying whatever he wants to say over there. That's a MAC blog and it's purpose is to prop your school up and to crack on others. His true feelings were posted over there. That's fine. That's how he feels, and he said on the proper blog. I feel like it's fine for him to come here and say he's a Toledo grad and he's now enrolled at Akron and is learning to like the Zips. If that is really the case, then his posts will be more positive in nature concerning the Zips. We're glad to have you if you want to be one of us. If you don't , then that's ok, too. I just don't want to keep reading about Toledo every single freaking day.

Agreed, if he & his "Phd in progress" wants to Zap thr Zips, it's still a semi-free country, but it should be done on other boards-- NOT ON OUR BOARD!! To brag like him/her,BA U of A: MA U of A 1/2 way thru Phd at Can't Skate (withdrew).With ball mmunition lock and load :D:screwks: :macc:

Dude, you're exactly right, but the Zips fans here have legitimate reasons to hate me. As long as no one gets personally offended, I say let's keep it going.
You offend me as a UA student. Needed a real degree to get a good job so you came o UA. That's the only smart thing you've done.
You can ridicule Toledo athletics all you want, but don't diminish the education from the university.

This guy is by no means a zips supporter in any sense of the word. He belittles the nation on various other boards and he adds nothing productive to the conversations on here. I find his presence quite offensive and could honestly care less if he stays or goes.
Obviously I add something when a whole topic is devoted to bashing me. Granted it's only more fuel to hate me or Toledo, which I don't understand, but if you would look outside of your tiny shell, you would realize that people outside of Akron have a different perspective on your athletic programs. As I stated in a previous post, Akron has had a helluva year in sports, and I picked a damn good year to come to Akron, but you are not on top of the world or the conference for that matter. That takes time and more rings.

I think that this issue is getting a little annoying and even though this is a discussion board and people are supposed to discuss things and argue about controversial issues, but i think that this issue has to be resolved.If you guys allow me, i will try to get both sides (msopher and the guys criticizing him) to a common ground so that we stop this useless argument and we all get together behind our team at this critical coming week ! 1 - To msopher: Ok we get your point that we only won one football championship so far and that we did not destroy all the Mac teams and that the tie breaking rules were in our favor ... but this is a board for zips fans, and i do not see any reason why you expect the zips fans not to be proud and bragging about their championship. Is it like people should be disappointed when they win their first and second championships and start celebrating only after their third ? And then we understand that you have emotional connection with the rockets (being a toledo alum.) but do you seriously expect everyone on this board to have similar feelings towards the rockets ? and do you expect us to not comment on a football team loosing 6 scholarships and believe that it wouldn't hurt them ?And one last thing, do you think that just because you disagree with people on this board, you should go on other boards and bash this board and the zips fans ?2 - To the other side, the man (msopher) has said many times that he is a uakron student and that he is impressed with the zips and he calls them "his newest team" but that does not mean that he has to hate toledo to be a zips fan. A lot of the zips fans also root for the buckeyes and other teams so why are you hating on him just because he had good things to say about Toledo. And please don't tell me that he goes to other boards and does this and that because i addressed that in point (1) above.There is a common ground between all of us and that is we all are zips fans so please let's all declare peace, can we ?

Hopefully he will go into exhile with the other troll loser... RedSteve
Interesting. I came on here looking for opponents' viewpoints about the upcoming tournament and was interested to find that, despite never registering for an account here, I've already been banned. Searching for my generally accepted nickname, I found that in fact, someone had registered with that nickname -- RedSteve -- and has done a very poor job of imitating me.Now, there may certainly be the possibility that another Miami fan named Steve happened upon your board and registered using my name. There is also a possibility that you've been trolled. Either way, I did want to clarify that the RedSteve who registered last month on your board is not me. Your moderators should be able to look at the registration information from that character -- as well as compare his posting IP addresses to mine -- and verify that we are not the same.Am I the RedSteve who runs MiamiHawkTalk.com? Yes. Am I the RedSteve registered on NCAAbbs and Sledge's board? Yes. Am I the kid who registered for this site in study hall and ran his mouth pretending to be me? Absolutely not.Mods, if you care to get in contact with me via PM to verify, I'll be happy to assist in verifying.Best Personal Regards,RedSteve

registration information from that character -- as well as compare his posting IP addresses to mine -- and verify that we are not the same.Am I the RedSteve who runs MiamiHawkTalk.com? Yes. Am I the RedSteve registered on NCAAbbs and Sledge's board? Yes. Am I the kid who registered for this site in study hall and ran his mouth pretending to be me? Absolutely not.Mods, if you care to get in contact with me via PM to verify, I'll be happy to assist in verifying.
The two IP addresses are indeed different. Glad to have you aboard.I'm sure your future posts will verify who you are.

I think that this issue is getting a little annoying and even though this is a discussion board and people are supposed to discuss things and argue about controversial issues, but i think that this issue has to be resolved.If you guys allow me, i will try to get both sides (msopher and the guys criticizing him) to a common ground so that we stop this useless argument and we all get together behind our team at this critical coming week ! 1 - To msopher: Ok we get your point that we only won one football championship so far and that we did not destroy all the Mac teams and that the tie breaking rules were in our favor ... but this is a board for zips fans, and i do not see any reason why you expect the zips fans not to be proud and bragging about their championship. Is it like people should be disappointed when they win their first and second championships and start celebrating only after their third ? And then we understand that you have emotional connection with the rockets (being a toledo alum.) but do you seriously expect everyone on this board to have similar feelings towards the rockets ? and do you expect us to not comment on a football team loosing 6 scholarships and believe that it wouldn't hurt them ?And one last thing, do you think that just because you disagree with people on this board, you should go on other boards and bash this board and the zips fans ?2 - To the other side, the man (msopher) has said many times that he is a uakron student and that he is impressed with the zips and he calls them "his newest team" but that does not mean that he has to hate toledo to be a zips fan. A lot of the zips fans also root for the buckeyes and other teams so why are you hating on him just because he had good things to say about Toledo. And please don't tell me that he goes to other boards and does this and that because i addressed that in point (1) above.There is a common ground between all of us and that is we all are zips fans so please let's all declare peace, can we ?
I'm not saying, don't be proud of your team. Hell, it's been a great year for UA athletics. But the general impression outside of this board is that you guys are thinking along the lines of: "We're MAC champs, we're the best in the conference." To people from Toledo, BG, and Miami this draws a :rolleyes: reaction. Now, I'm not saying that you guys DON'T have the right to brag, you do indeed, but I think many outside of Akron are getting wary of the cockiness by some Zips fans. All I'm saying is that if Akron continues to win (and I hope they do) then you will be put up there as one of the best programs in the conference.Also, I will lighten up on my Zip bashing. Part of it is to stir the pot and the other part is from :blink: jealousy, because this has been a great year for the Zips and the usual good year for Toledo. I wish my b-ball team was in your position right now, but they have problems even if they are poised for Cleveland this week.So, I'll try to be a little more fair and receptive to your opinion. As I state in my signature, I am impressed with the Zips. This is a first class university with a athletic dept. poised for a hge upswing in the conference.I hope this helps a little.