ESPN analyzes top mid-major schedules

ZachTheZip

Don't you think Akron this year will have a much stronger resume than that year? I do. If Ohio and Akron play like we all think they should, and manage to make the MAC Finals, I really would be shocked if we don't see 2 MAC teams playing in the Big Dance.

Lots of "ifs" there, bubba. And it's a long time before March. Best not to count chickens when they're still eggs.

But it's at least a very reasonable possibility.

That team definitely deserved an NIT bid, but not an NCAA one.

MDZip: If I tell you that a certain team (not our beloved Zips) lost to arkansas little rock, Illinois-chicago, Miami-OH (twice), Ohio, and Toledo. Their best win in the whole season was Can't state. They could not win neither their conferences regular season nor the tournament, Would you give them an at large bid?

Like others have mentioned, The Zips 2006-2007 deserved an NIT but that's about it.

MDZip: If I tell you that a certain team (not our beloved Zips) lost to arkansas little rock, Illinois-chicago, Miami-OH (twice), Ohio, and Toledo. Their best win in the whole season was Can't state. They could not win neither their conferences regular season nor the tournament, Would you give them an at large bid?

Like others have mentioned, The Zips 2006-2007 deserved an NIT but that's about it.

You may need to re-read my post. I was the one who said that team deserved an NIT bid, not an NCAA one. That was someone else. :)