Adam Morrison Crying

GP1

http://www.losanjealous.com/2006/03/24/adam-morrison/I'm putting this photo galary up for two reasons, first and most important, it is really funny. Second, I want to make a point about the feminization of the American male. Enough said about the funny part, the photos speak for themselves.I am absolutely horrified by the amount of crying I am seeing from athletes in general these days. It makes me want to :puke: already. Every game I watch, there is some kid crying at the end of the game after a loss. If they can't find a kid crying, they find one with his head in his shirt pretending to cry. It's really become silly already. I would urge all television directors and newspaper editors not to show this silly behavior. It only reinforces it and makes is seem OK.Adam Morrison wasn't just crying, he was blubbering like an 8th grade girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend. I hope he is embarassed by this rediculous display. Next year, the veterans on the NBA team he plays for are going to have an absolute field day making fun of him with these photos. I developed an instant dislike of Adam Morrison after watching his silly display last week.I used to see this stuff at my nephew's high school football games and I think the parents think it is sweet when they cry. It's not! Thank God my nephew never cried like a little girl. If I was a high school coach, I would have a long talk with the kids about crying after losses before the season started. If any kid was crying after a loss, they would run the next day until they had something to cry about. Not only would the kid run, but the other kids would have to stand there and ridicule the crying boob while he ran. I think one day of that would put an end to crying the remainder of the season.The American male needs to become much more masculine. Stop with the crying. Stop with the shaving your arms and legs like girls. Be men already.

This is absolutely one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on ZipsNation.As the father of three daughters, one a doctor (who went through the BS/MD accelerated progrm (a very arduous task), one a lawyer (a prosecutor - which obviously takes a tough person) and a major in the United States Air Force Reserve.All three were superb athletes with the major walking on at Can't State and making the basketball team. Is that a tough thing to do?Adam Morrison crying has nothing at all to do with women/girls. It has everything to do with Adam Morrison and what he feels is appropriate to the occasion. A more appropriate analysis would be along the lines that Adam Morrision is, perhaps, a pampered person (which happens to males and females, alike) who has a difficult time dealing with adversity when it comes along. Crying is a very human (not male/female) way of dealing with the tough things/disappointments that come along.May I remind GP1 that "Jesus, wept." What is this writer trying to say: "real men don't cry." And, if they do they are women/girls. Absolute balderdash! Many times the purveyors of this kind of macho stuff are very weak individuals who are striking out against their own insecurities. I hope that the "real men" out there in ZipsNations land will join me in chastising GP1. Many of us are not insecure and do not need to beat up on women! GP1 has made a mistake that many of the "macho" men make. He thinks he is in a safe haven. Most of us ZipsNationeers, if not all, are males. But most of the most are human beings who can understand a person crying and would never make the wild connection that GP1 makes!Shame on GP1!

This is absolutely one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on ZipsNation.As the father of three daughters, one a doctor (who went through the BS/MD accelerated progrm (a very arduous task), one a lawyer (a prosecutor  - which obviously takes a tough person) and a major in the United States Air Force Reserve.All three were superb athletes with the major walking on at Can't State and making the basketball team.  Is that a tough thing to do?Adam Morrison crying has nothing at all to do with women/girls.  It has everything to do with Adam Morrison and what he feels is appropriate to the occasion.  A more appropriate analysis would be along the lines that Adam Morrision is, perhaps, a pampered person (which happens to males and females, alike) who has a difficult time dealing with adversity when it comes along.  Crying is a very human (not male/female) way of dealing with the tough things/disappointments that come along.May I remind GP1 that "Jesus, wept." What is this writer trying to say:  "real men don't cry."  And, if they do they are women/girls.  Absolute balderdash!  Many times the purveyors of this kind of macho stuff are very weak individuals who are striking out against their own insecurities.  I hope that the "real men" out there in ZipsNations land will join me in chastising GP1.  Many of us are not insecure and do not need to beat up on women!  GP1 has made a mistake that many of the "macho" men make.  He thinks he is in a safe haven.  Most of us ZipsNationeers, if not all, are males.  But most of the most are human beings who can understand a person crying and would never make the wild connection that GP1 makes!Shame on GP1!
I can't decide which is more funny, Adam Morrison crying or this response to my post. I think ZipAnalyst is on his period.I think ZipsNation may be on my side on this one.

Well, count me as one agreeing with ZipAnalyst. Look, some men just cry more than others. Some girls cry more easily than others. Crying is a human emotion, nothing more, nothing less. Some folks get angry easily, some laugh easily, etc. You get my point.Now, all that being said, the feminization of the American male IS real, but crying is not a valid example. How about the current male print models - all bare chested with NO hair. Think they're born that way? Think again - they're WAXING that sh** off. I'm sorry, but trying to look like you don't have chest hair IS feminizing. And for young men to think they have to go through that agony is nuts.

I think that (in general), males can cry and that does not make them less masculine... However, (basketball wise), i feel that those kids, morrison included, are going too far with their "acting", i am affraid that they will do anything to attract the camera... When duke lost to LSU, JJ Reddick, had tears in his eyes but he kept walking to the locker room, i admire him and i have no problem with him crying all he wants in the locker room. Compare that to Morrison's weeping on the floor in front of the cameras and you know what i mean !

GP1 you are a jackass.As much as I hate JJ Redick, i could understand why he was crying after Duke lost. These kids just spent the last 4 years of their lives striving for a national championship. With losing comes the realization that they won't be champions and what might be the greatest time of their life in college, is now over. Emotions are a part of being human. They have nothing to do with being women. Sounds to me like your parents took it pretty hard when you came out the closet. So quite trying to drag down all of humanity. People cry, deal with it.Also, count me in as someone who agrees with ZipAnalyst.

GP1 you are a jackass.
Where were you when I lost the election for the biggest A-Hole on the board? Thanks for nothing.You people are just humorless. I'll be back in the fall when football starts. I can't take it any further......

You people are just humorless.
Aren't you the one who said although the pics are funny, it's emblamatic of a very serious problem?I bet you're the kind of guy that thinks the worst, lowest thing (there's all too many of you unfortunately) you can call a Can't fan (for example) is "hippie."Thanks ZipsAnalyst, for your post on this.

Count me in with ZipAnalyst and the others who see no real problem with expressingone's emotions via tears. As one poster stated, some men cry more readily than others.Jim Calhoun was on the verge of tears after his UCONN Huskies lost in overtime to oneof those undeserving mid-major schools that Jim onionless Nantz and Silly fudgePackerwhined (and nearly cried about). Well, okay, their crying was unwarranted. Personally, I'm just not a crier even though I am a very emotional person. I will notdiss a person for crying when its appropriate. It was appropriate for Adam Morrison.He brings great passion to the game. I like that.GP1 thanks for stating your view. That took a bit of brass.

I'll be back in the fall when football starts. I can't take it any further...... 
All right!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:
You'll still be my bitch Z-P. In fact, I am going to call you M-B from now on for My Bitch.

I'll give GP this: I find it much harder to commiserate with Adam Morrison, given his trash talking. If I were an opponent of his whose "grandmother is a whore," I would celebrate his tears.But for any other athlete, I think crying is acceptable. Take J.J. Redick, whose college career ended and NBA career took a near-fatal blow because he proved again he can't score against the most athletic teams in the nation (See Temple, LSU).

Absolute balderdash! 
Can't say I have a strong opinion either way on this one .. I'm with GP1 in the fact that those photos make me laugh. I especially like the last one. I will however cast my vote for being shocked at the use of that phrase around these parts!Not nearly as noteworthy as "fellating goats" .. but the poetry!!

GP1, just because you've never invested enough in anything to be that upset about it is no reason to call someone's manhood into question. I'm as much of a guy's guy as anyone, I think that Gloria Steinem, Camille Paglia, Eve Ensler, and Margaret Cho ought to be tarred and feathered. And I think that men as a whole are becoming more effeminate by the day and that it's a problem. But the feminist movement and the feminization of the modern male is not responsible for athletes crying after losses... it's the passion inherent in modern athletic competition. And in what is (in my opinion of course) the greatest athletic tournament ever conceived, the stakes are pretty high. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge J.J. Redick fan, and I think something would have been wrong if the poor kid wasn't crying after that game (Morrison can come back next year if he wants to win a championship that badly, and he probably did overreact)... foregoing the NBA's millions with the only goal in mind being a national championship and then not getting it? Pretty rough. Or take Darius Washington in the C-USA Tourney final last year... regulation was over, his team was down two, he had three foul shots... make all three his team dances, make two, play five more minutes, make one or none, NIT. After making the first, he missed the next two. Maybe you've never felt like you let a group of your closest friends down like that (maybe you have no friends). If you think that it's inappropriate to shed a tear after a personal failure that impacted everyone else that you worked so hard with towards a common goal, then I'm glad I'll never have to count on you for anything. It's one thing to say that Morrison took it too far or played to the camera, it's another to bang on about the stoopid way you would deal with kids reactions to losing if you were a coach. It's good to know that the paragon of knuckle-dragging, beercan-crushing masculinity would feel so big about subjecting his players to public humiliation.

HAha! The funniest part of those photos is the captions (psychological stages of coping with a loss). You are right about the "feminization of the American Male" thing. We are a dying breed, and to those on the other side of the perspective, we probably look the same (ridiculing the crybaby mama's boys) as old school men in the 50's looked when they beat their wives and terrorized their children. Even if we aren't that bad, and are trying to cling to the positive aspects of masuclinity, you will still be scorned by "the Castrati" (imasculated men) as evil and bullyish.BTW, I cried when I got a rejection letter from my first-choice university (In retrospect, I'm happy). No one is saying that you can't have tears. But there is a huge different between having moist eyes as your head to the lockerroom, and throwing an emotional ty-raid (sp) on the court as if guided by the hand of shakespeare immortalizing a juliette's final moments in a sonnet.

GP1, you'd better have a talk with your boy - Bill Cowher. Every time he wins a big game (maybe twice?), he ends up looking like a kid that just got off the short-bus bawling after being picked on all day. (I apologize if I have just offended anyone - either mentally challenged folks or Steelers fans, or both.)

GP1, you'd better have a talk with your boy - Bill Cowher. Every time he wins a big game (maybe twice?), he ends up looking like a kid that just got off the short-bus bawling after being picked on all day. (I apologize if I have just offended anyone - either mentally challenged folks or Steelers fans, or both.)
70's dynasty Steelers would cry when they lost regular season games.Even recent Steelers (Super Bowl MVP) cry. Who's gunna say Hines ain't tough?142steeler-hines_230.jpgOnly means you have emotion about what you do. Sports are emotional.I would rather have a teamate give 110% and cry at failure rather than give a half-a$$ effort and walk off the court like they didn't care (insert a certain player here that used to play at the JAR)

This thread is BS. I have no problem with an athlete that displays his passion like that.Some of you obviously have issues with your own manhood.
Oh shit, now we are ripping manhood...So, ball away to prove you are man right, otherwise, what? You are overcompensating?Amature psychologists. LOL

This thread is BS. I have no problem with an athlete that displays his passion like that.Some of you obviously have issues with your own manhood.
Oh shit, now we are ripping manhood...So, ball away to prove you are man right, otherwise, what? You are overcompensating?Amature psychologists. LOL
Sorry Zen, but I have no idea what you just said. :)

I have no problem with a man crying after a game in which he gave his all but "sometimes" people do it just for show....like I feel he did.......trying to get infront of the cameras walking around on the court instead of taking his ass back to the locker room......there is a thing called composure and you should show alittle of it no matter what the situation and not pout like a little kid that has never lost something meaningful. I had a coach say once that you should never never show the other team you are hurt....because it makes you look weak and it gives them something to gloat about......how about this instead of throwing a tantrum like he did why not go congratulate the other team.

I wonder what Bob Knight would have done to him?  :ninja:
Didn't one of Akron's former coaches come from the Bob Knight school?He got a lot of passion out of his players. They gave 110% all the time. :rolleyes:Bob KnightBehind closed doors, you get the feeling he's a big softy. He was even rumored to have cried with his Hoosiers after getting fired in 2000.