Watch party in Akron?

scottditzen

I can't go to Detroit. I would, however, rather love to see our Zips on tv in the best possible atmosphere. I live amongst 1,000 sports bars in Cleveland. But I want to be with ZIPS FANS.

Where to go?

Johnny J's in the Valley will host the official watch party and offer several food and drink specials.

Johnny J's in the Valley will host the official watch party and offer several food and drink specials.

Not entirely thrilled about that one, especially with it being a thursday night and knowing how rowdy that area gets later into the night.

Not entirely thrilled about that one, especially with it being a thursday night and knowing how rowdy that area gets later into the night.

FWIW, try the Beer Haus on Merriman/Riverview just north of the Liberty Commons area on the west side of the street. Very accommodating staff. Excellent array of hi-def TVs. Killer selection of brews, and nice food (though a little pricey). Usually a much older crowd than the Liberty Commons scene, and I'm sure they'd be happy to have some Zips fans in the haus!

On the Rocks on Portage Path (next to the Getaway and Fiesta Pizza) would be another option. I'd recommend the Getaway as well, but they have live music on Thursday nights.

I can't go to Detroit. I would, however, rather love to see our Zips on tv in the best possible atmosphere. I live amongst 1,000 sports bars in Cleveland. But I want to be with ZIPS FANS.

Where to go?

I know Johnny J's in the valley is the official watch party but I'd rather go to "Pints" right across from the campus football stadium. It's my kind of watering hole and has a definite college atmosphere.