Jump to content

LZIp

Members
  • Posts

    11,575
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    194

LZIp last won the day on August 10

LZIp had the most liked content!

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Location
    Cleveland

Recent Profile Visitors

26,755 profile views

LZIp's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare

Recent Badges

4.5k

Reputation

  1. Those do look like pretty solid gets, especially since aren’t getting them at the last second. Seems like a strong recruiting class so far.
  2. Hopefully we’re able to rollover whatever was promised to him to next year considering he isn’t even eligible.
  3. it was a TD if it didn’t get tipped.
  4. I could agree with that too. Though you better have an undefeated season or hope you don’t get upset in Cleveland to have a chance. if the extra couple million is coming from dropping the football program to FCS to join a league like the A-10, better hope you’re a top 2 team. Then again, they been a one bid league as much as they’ve been a two bid league the past 4 years. our government needs to fix college sports.
  5. I think the program being able to keep Freeman was much more the exception than the norm. Ohio only won their first round game with Preston. Their success and of course Buffalo’s were pre-NIL era or maybe just the beginning..at the very least, nothing like it is today. im not arguing to take money from the basketball program, just more so stating none of it really seems to matter on a national scale. With that said, I could be convinced a few million more dollars in operating budget/NIL to work with could mean the football program could be annual conference contenders, considering we’re trending towards .500 with the lowest budget in all of FBS. Then again, any success would be limited to the conference level.
  6. Don’t get me wrong, love the basketball program, but I’m not seeing the benefit outside of the conference. The focus on resources there is only keeping the program where it has been historically. We still get smoked when we make the NCAA tourney. I can’t remember the last notable win the program has had. Miss St, Penn St, or Oregon St during the KD days?
  7. The defensive staff totally whiffed in bringing in DBs this year. I thought we had a transfer from Missouri committed at one point, but it appears he never made it to campus. White is good, but he’s out for the year (for I believe the 3rd year in a row). I had what I thought reasonable hopes for our safety group, but they’ve seemed to have regressed. I like what Somerville showed last year but he isn’t getting on the field at all? I had hoped David would be able to come back, but I guess this staff just likes keeping these players who are never available around (see Alex Adams). @catdaddyp - are you certain Abor is done for the year? If so, that would be a huge loss..
  8. I look at these 3 games (maybe 4, unfortunately) as essentially a preseason. Through the first 3, outcome is exactly as expected. Try to look more for the strengths/weaknesses of the team than get too worked up on results when the P4 teams are spending probably something like 200x+ on roster than we are spending. That isn’t even considering operating budget issues. Aside from some correctible mistakes (stupid decisions), I feel our team will stack up pretty well in conference play just about everywhere aside from our defensive backfield. White’s injury obviously did not look good and no other corner has really shown much to me so far. Hopefully Abor is able to come back sooner rather than later, but not being dressed for the 2nd half is concerning . He’s a difference maker. Hopefully CB is okay. I noticed the brace off in the 2nd half. With that said, I’m not really clear whether our team is better with him at QB or Roggow. Roggow definitely stretches the field more, while CB is a dual threat. Seems very accurate, but we never really seemed to try to stretch the field with him. At the very least, it seems like we have 2 competent options at the position.
  9. Looks like an all time choke job,
  10. Coaches bring in the talent too. Do you think the coaches are coaching players to fumble, not catch a contested ball, field a punt like an idiot, rip a player off a pile, etc?
  11. Maybe in the old days or if we had a reasonable NIL budget. Minnesota is paying their roster $20 million. We’re paying next to nothing.
  12. #87 is a backup, but he’s stuck out to me in garbage time in every game so far.
  13. Horrible injury game for us. CB, Abor, and now White
  14. #17 literally just hurt Catrell White (our best CB). Smh
  15. Don’t like that call on Kavals. That was a man’s tackle
×
×
  • Create New...