New Bowls Approved

Quickzips

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2424711From what I understand the MAC is locked in to the International Bowl in Toronto and has some tie-in as a reserve for the Birmingham Bowl??? Hopefully this takes care of that unfortunate little situation that popped up last season when NIU was the MAC West rep at the MACC but Toledo got the bid to the GMAC Bowl. Third Bowl for the MAC can't hurt regardless of where you stand on the issue of there being too many bowl games.

You know what I am happy whenever my team get more exposure but, like I mentioned before with all these new bowl games it almost takes away from the accomplishment of making a bowl game. I wanna go to an atlarge bowl game, now granted I had a great time at the motor city bowl and will remember it forever but all these other bowls are gonna be just that.......the "other" bowl games, and not "The Bowl Games"

You know what I am happy whenever my team get more exposure but, like I mentioned before with all these new bowl games it almost takes away from the accomplishment of making a bowl game.
I think that is true for BCS schools, but not for MAC schools. Too often the #2 (pre 2-bid era) or #3 MAC team has been left out of a bowl solely due of politics. Securing these new bowls ensures that won't happen again. Today's #3, and often #4 MAC football teams should not be staying home in December. I think 4 is a good number. If you finish #5...6...etc. in the MAC you don't deserve a bowl bid at this time. The bottom of the league is simply too weak.

.500 does not deserve a bowl game. The MAC has lost it's edge in the past few years and until we start smacking down BCS teams, we don't deserve to go to a "Big" Bowl. Personally, I love the idea of bowls in Detroit and Toronto. MAC fans don't travel well long distance, but a short drive will bring them in. I'm hoping for the MCB again this year (short drive for me!)

.500 does not deserve a bowl game. The MAC has lost it's edge in the past few years and until we start smacking down BCS teams, we don't deserve to go to a "Big" Bowl. Personally, I love the idea of bowls in Detroit and Toronto. MAC fans don't travel well long distance, but a short drive will bring them in. I'm hoping for the MCB again this year (short drive for me!)
I agree totally a 500 ball team doesn't deserve to go bowling...cause you know what is gonna happen a 500 purdue, indiana team will go bowling and a 8-4 or 7-5 mac team sits at home...Toronto is cool but with the new traveling laws I gotta get a passport, i used to always use my birth certificate to go to Windsor :P:cheers:

Personally, I am all for the MAC being tied to another bowl game. I just dunno if I like the idea of a six hour drive thru the snowbelt, into Buffalo and the North from there in January. :wave: If I have to drive that far to watch 'em play ( and I will) I wish they had gone South, that's all. Aren't there any domes in Louisville or Charlotte? ;)

For once, I agree with most of you. The NCAA is allowing 6-6 teams to be eligible, which is ridiculous. Hell, a 7-5 team should not be eligible, but it's more respectable than 6-6. The NCAA has too many bowls, and even if I love the exposure for the conference, some of these bowls have to go. (Ft. Worth, Emerald, etc...) Going to a bowl game should be extra special, a reward for a great season, such as 9 wins or higher. By adding more bowls, the NCAA is destroying the significance factor because now over 50% of Div. 1 teams will go bowling this year. (62/119) I think that is wrong, but of course I could be a minority.

IT's all about the $$$$$More bowl games = more money.More money for the venues.More money for the TV stations and Cable channelsMore money from advertising.and who gets a cut of all that? NCAAOf course they are going to add more bowls. It doesn't matter if it waters down the meaning or prestige of a bowl appearence.It's all about the $$$