Akron Softball Coach Resigns

Sloopy

She was a bitch. From what I hear, just about everyone is glad she is gone. Head coach at a D1 school. She keeps winning at Akron, she'll get the bigger job, which is obviously the only reason she was here. At least Ken Lolla took another head coaching job. What a dumb _ _ _ _. Screw her. Akron will only be better with out her "me first" bitch attitude.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. If this was a career move, it was quite a stupid one if you ask me. She must not have been confident enough in her ability to bring a championship team to Akron. That might have given her her wish of being a major D-1 head coach. In that case, we don't need her.

Inthezone-----Will you ever change your pic which shows you wearing a K-ent cap, or is it because you're a K-ent fan in deguise, trying to make commits that cover your true connection, and it just doesn't come off.I don't think you EVER attended a UofA soccer or softball game, but you can make comments about both coaches leaving without ever have any contact with either of these coaches.I'm sick of your pic and sick of your comments!

I had not read all of the comments regarding Julie Wright leaving, so I want to add Balki Bartokomous to my previous comments.The gals on the softball team LOVED her, she had SOO muuch drive and enthousism, they learned more from her than in all the years Parker was coach. She was the bitch. Get you facts straight.

I had not read all of the comments regarding Julie Wright leaving, so I want to add Balki Bartokomous to my previous comments.The gals on the softball team LOVED her, she had SOO muuch drive and enthousism, they learned more from her than in all the years Parker was coach. She was the bitch. Get you facts straight.
you get your facts right. I have been to both Softball and Soccer games. It is obvious that those coaches didn't give a shit about Akron anymore. Screw em, and screw you. I know some of the players, and not everyone LOVED her. Wright will be better off in Wisconson, though I don't know how them farm people take to girls who like girls. Your post reads like a chick wrote it. I'm sure you had an encounter or two.

Well Balki, wrong again! I hang the same as you, maybe better, but to rebuff your statement, the softball players I had contact with liked Julie, her methods, and drive. There was never any hint as to her gender likes, or assocations. I've been a Zip for a long time, but I know just what Akron is, can do, and how it pays and who it plays, along with the MAC. It was pretty sad when Florida's asistant women's soccer coach was paid more than our men's head soccer coach. How would you like to be paid $30K a year as a head coach for one of our programs?Akron for many years was perceived as a city college by our Bodad of Trustees, little money was directed to athletics so once the move started it was hard to make the change. If you talk to Administration, not the athletic department, you will learn that it is next to impossible to bridge the gap; Akron will always be behind and pushing up. We can love and support the Zips through attendance and CONTRIBUTIONS, but we must also be realistic as to just what the University can do athletically.The Big Ten will always be better than the MAC, we are not on the same level, will never be on that level, a position as assistant coach at ANY Big Ten university is better than the same coaching postion at a MAC school.We have lost some great football coaches to universities at the next level, (Terrell, Jim) and ass-hole remarks were not made to or about them. I guess we can only reasonably talk about football and related items on this site, and sh-t talk about everything else not connected with football.It's small minded guys like you that makes me want to squeeze the ----------- out of you!I rarely make comments on this site because of the likes of you and IntheZONE, and BIGZIP with the black beard.

How would you like to be paid $30K a year as a head coach for one of our programs?
Are you serious ? is there any head coach (full time coach), who makes 30K in the U of Akron ?My guess is that you are just throwing that number for the sake of argument right ?If you are talking about coaches who do other stuff and only coach for a couple of hours a day, 30 k sounds like a good deal. But if a head coach is working full time for 30k, then i suggest that they quit their jobs and start flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Some how I get dragged into this....interesting. I rarely post here because of Jonny come latelys like you -- congratulations on your one year anniversary as a member of the board. Your statement that an asst job at a big ten school is better than an asst job here is true if it is money you are after -- if it is experience and the ability to work on more things I would say this might be the better choice. Nonetheless.....didn't she leave here where she was head coach for an asst job in the Big Ten. Then I'm not understanding your point....they seem to conflict. If for someone reason you put me on my this list is because of the disappointment I've expressed in Akron athletics over the years....that's fine. If you aren't disappointed -- your expecations aren't high enough for this University or it's athletic departments.

Yes, a full time head coach at UofA was paid 30K a year (Fox), that's why you would see him at sporting events/activities with a camera. He took pics for the "non-revenue" sports, pics of athletics for the various media guides.I don't know why we have a women's tennis team, they have nothing, have not done well since Bard left years ago.

Wow. Chill out everybody.I seem to be the only Zip fan on here with no inside information ("The players loved her! "No way, they hated her!"), but I think it's always pointless to bitch about departed coaches. If JD left to become assistant backup quarterback coach at Malone, I'd still rather focus on the feature than piss on the past.Wright may or may not have been a "bitch" in terms of her demeanor, her likeability, whatever, but she made a choice (to move on) that was hers to make. It might've been a dumb move, but she wasn't a "bitch" to make it. All this complaining is just a long-winded way of expressing shame that anyone would ever voluntarily resign from the school we love that we would rather keep. It feels like a slap in the face. But we're not Ohio State, we're not Duke. People are gonna go to higher echelon programs. We'll deal with it. Rise above it.And if it was a guy we'd be saying "asshole" or something instead of bitch, I don't understand the purpose of the gender-specific slam. Yeah, I know, go root for Can't you PC hippie....

but I think it's always pointless to bitch about departed coaches. If JD left to become assistant backup quarterback coach at Malone, I'd still rather focus on the feature than piss on the past.
I totally agrre with you saying that we should move on and look at the future instead of pissing at the past but at the same time zips fans should cut the crap of being so emotionally attached to departing people. People have to understand that departing personnels took a decision to leave. They got a better chance so they dumped us and took the better chance. It is like your girlfriend dumping you for Brad Pitt or any other guy who happen to be better than yourself, would you blame her? no. But would you still sympathize with her and follow her news and wish her luck and keep telling people what a nice girl she is and all that whiney pathetic stuff ? I think that it is a loyalty issue, we have to understand that we are zips fan, and we support whoever is in zips uniform, the moment they leave, i erase them from my memory, i don't know them whether they are nice or grouchy people does not make any difference. Mike Thomas did a great job ? (Maybe), Mike Wadell is a great guy ( I don't know, he might be) but will i cheer for cincy next year ?Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll no !Do i give a freaky damn thing if their program at cincy does good and if they get promoted or get fired ?Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll no !I respect all the opinions posted here but that's how i personally see things...peace out.

Well, zipalong. We have a women's tennis team for the same reasons we have every other sport. What you said hurt more than you might think....just to let you know.Coach Fox wasn't paid very well...and he let us know that more than a few times. We had the smallest budget out of all of the teams at Akron. We dont have tennis courts on campus. Most people dont even know Akron has a tennis team. Well, we do. And I think that we will improve.But i wanna know if Coach Wright left or not. It hasnt been on GoZips.com.