Season Ticket Prices

GP1

If someone could link to this article it would help others understand how good we really have it at UofA. The article is on page P3 of today's Wall Street Journal and it is titled "Deep in the Pocket".One interesting thing that stood out to me was that Syracuse charges $180 per seat for a season ticket ($30 per game). Is the value of a Syracuse game twice the value of UofA's most expensive ticket? I don't think so. If anyone tells you that going to a UofA game is too expensive, please do me a favor and tell that person they are full of crap. Then find out why they really don't want to go. Money should not be the issue unless the family is poor.

The fact that the average price point for Akron Football, reserved seat is only $13. Adult GA is $11, Faculty/Staff is $10, and Family Plan is only $4.95 per person, per game.There is no doubt that this is a great deal. No one has ever questioned that. The question is why do you drop your season ticket prices by $20 after you have already put them on sale, refund cash, then decide to jack parking through the roof for what would be a pretty low number of people who are already your top givers to the University?

If someone could link to this article it would help others understand how good we really have it at UofA. The article is on page P3 of today's Wall Street Journal and it is titled "Deep in the Pocket".One interesting thing that stood out to me was that Syracuse charges $180 per seat for a season ticket ($30 per game). Is the value of a Syracuse game twice the value of UofA's most expensive ticket? I don't think so. If anyone tells you that going to a UofA game is too expensive, please do me a favor and tell that person they are full of crap. Then find out why they really don't want to go. Money should not be the issue unless the family is poor.
To compare Syracuse to another MAC school, Toledo......................our standard season ticket prices are $182 per seat, which is $2 per seat more than Syracuse's.

The parking is INCLUDED in your psl. if you "donate" $500, you get the parking, there is no seperate $500 charge for parking, that's how I undersand it :laugh_up::D
There is not a separate charge of $500 to park at Akron. You can park for $5.00 a game if you wish. It's still amazing to me how misunderstood the parking mailer was/is.

i still think the parking is bullshit
In a big boys and girls world, we don't always get what we want.If people are going to go to games and sit there stewing because they did not get to park where they want to park, then they shouldn't go to games and make themselves miserable. The games are intended for people to have a good time. Try to have a good time everyone. MAC games are really fun to attend if you just let yourself. The cost of going to college athletics is not going down any time soon. In fact, if you read the WSJ article I noted above, it is now more expensive in many markets to go to college football games than NFL games.Mike brings up an interesting point about the reduction in the cost of season tickets for UofA in an attempt to make the new Administration look bad. The truth is that many people who were over charged when the price structure changed were kind enough to donate the money to the University athletic scholarship programs in lieu of a refund. Good thinking Athletic Department and thanks to those kind people out there who think more about giving than taking. :thumb: One last thing about the WSJ article is that is says tickets for the Notre Dame vs Penn State game are selling through scalpers at $875 per ticket. What does this say about the original price of the ticket?

Finally a person with some reason! Thank you GP1!"If anyone tells you that going to a UofA game is too expensive, please do me a favor and tell that person they are full of crap. Then find out why they really don't want to go. Money should not be the issue unless the family is poor."I agree, if you're sour about not being able to park in a certain location, a football game should be the least of your worries. :rock:

i've never complained about the price of a ticket. it's a great bargain. but when i have to pay an increase of 1,900% to park in the same place i parked last year, i'm going to rightfully complain. and little joey, parking is a worry of mine due to the fact of many of us had big tailgate parties planned where we parked and had them last year. not everyone involved is able to walk from the general parking lot. people that parked in the old blue lot parked there for a reason so quit trying to sell me shit and tell me it's sugar. ticket prices,great; parking situation, sucks.

In a big boys and girls world, we don't always get what we want.
Save the sarcasm for your radio show. You can interview yourself and all will be right with your world.
One last thing about the WSJ article is that is says tickets for the Notre Dame vs Penn State game are selling through scalpers at $875 per ticket. What does this say about the original price of the ticket?
It says little about the original price of the ticket but speaks loudly about the season ticket holder. Those who wish to capitalize on a moster game have that right. The question should be what does that say about those fans? :wave: